What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would happen if....

You drilled a hole right through the earth and jumped into it? For arguments sake, there is no hot lava or anything.

You couldnt really fall out the other side could you? because of the gravity.

Would you just sit in the middle and float there forever?

Anonymous

Juniors
If you survived the fact that your oxygen supply suddenly becomes poisonous at a depth like that and every one of your internal organs being pulverized by the pressure... then I suppose it might happen. I'm not much of a physicist. I presume you'd be more likely to be crushed into jelly though, especially since the tunnel would collapse under all the pressure.

ok, without gasses, and with concrete and steel reinforcements preventing the tunnel from collapsing.. What would happen

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You may reach equalibrium, except on the full moons you may be drawn slightly towards the moon, as the ocean does.

Hang on, wont the hole fill up with ocean water.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You may reach equilibrium, except on the full moons you may be drawn slightly towards the moon, as the ocean does.

Hang on, wont the hole fill up with ocean water.

just dig through one country and come out at another, if they align like that.. If not, the holes are waterproof as well.

Paranoid

Juniors
You shouldn't dig deep holes like that with out some kind of fence (or at the very least a danger sign).

A little kid or kitty cat could fall into it and they don't make fry proof suits that small.