What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What You Think For 2012 ?

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Round 1, 2012. v Roosters.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Chris McQueen
4. Matt King
5. Josh Mansour
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Nathan Peats
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

14. Issac Luke
15. Ben Ross
16. Scott Geddes
17. Ben Lowe/Jason Clark/Dave Tyrell/Eddy Pettybourne

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Rabbitohs re-sign Ben Ross for 2011 and 2012

[source: www.rabbitohs.com.au] on Tuesday 5 Oct 2010 15:21

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have re-signed Ben Ross for the 2011 and 2012 seasons today, marking a remarkable comeback for the former Queensland State of Origin representative.

Ross, 30, was regarded as one of the best prop-forwards in the NRL before seriously injuring his neck at the start of the 2009 season, having represented Queensland six times, having won an NRL premiership with the Panthers in 2003, and having played over 100 NRL games over eight seasons to date.

Ross will return to the field of play in the 2011 Return to Redfern match between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Newtown Jets on Saturday 5 February 2011, marking a remarkable return to the field after two years on the sidelines.

"Ben is effectively a new recruit for the Club in season 2011 and we're looking forward to seeing him return to his damaging best over the next two years," Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.

"He brings great experience to our pack, a winning attitude, and his journey to return to playing after such a bad injury and long rehabilitation period is inspiring. I'm sure our Ticketed Members will turn out in force to support Ben and the Rabbitohs in his first game back at RTR2011."

Ross is thrilled about returning to the field of play next year.

"I'm very excited about playing again and to be able to return with South Sydney is an honour in itself," Ross said.

"It's been a long two years to get back into a position to play again, and I'm very grateful to the South Sydney Club to, firstly, help me get back on the field and, secondly, show faith in me to sign a two year deal.

"I'll be doing everything in my power to repay the Club and its Members over the next two seasons."

Biography:
Name: Ben Ross
DOB: 23 May 1980
POB: Chinchilla, QLD
Position: Front row
Height: 191cm
Weight: 110kg
NRL Games: 108 for Dragons 2002, Panthers 2003-05, Sharks 2006-09
NRL Points: 24 (six tries)
Rep Honours: Six State of Origin matches for Queensland 2004-05; Prime Minister's XIII 2005

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have one of the richest histories in Rugby League. Established in 1908, the South Sydney Club has won 20 first grade premierships and provided 62 internationals for the Australian side, and have famously worn their cardinal red and myrtle green colours since inception. The rebirth of the Rabbitohs began on 7 June, 2006 through a new partnership between Russell Crowe, Peter Holmes a Court and the then 8000 Members of the Club. The Rabbitohs made the semi-finals for the first time in 18 years in 2007, and have strengthened their Ticketed Membership to over 11,000 with over 18,000 Total Members in 2010.

Buggee

Juniors
My Team:

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Morgan/Mansour
3. Farrell/Mcqueen
4. King
5. Talanoa
6. Inglis
7. Reynolds
8. Burgess
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Crocker
12. Taylor
13. Sutton

Interchange

14. Peats/Clark
15. Pettybourne
16. Lowe
17. L. Burgess

^ thats if geddes does retire, otherwise he would be my no.14

CCJames

Juniors
Round 1, 2012. v Roosters.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Chris McQueen
4. Matt King
5. Josh Mansour
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Nathan Peats
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

14. Issac Luke
15. Ben Ross
16. Scott Geddes
17. Ben Lowe/Jason Clark/Dave Tyrell/Eddy Pettybourne

How you can want Isaac Luke on the bench and Sutton in the starting team at 5/8 is beyond me

Zigwaa

Bench
John Sutton should never be able to even look at a number 6 jersey again.

Isaac Luke at hooker

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd prefer Inglis at 6 over 1. While IMO he'd be great at both he should play at 6 because we do have a couple good FB options. Which is more than can be said about five eighth. Sutton should be in the back row. GI should play five eighth, the position he's won both a CC medal at as well as a Dally M five eighth of the year award.

I'd prefer Inglis at 6 over 1. While IMO he'd be great at both he should play at 6 because we do have a couple good FB options. Which is more than can be said about five eighth. Sutton should be in the back row. GI should play five eighth, the position he's won both a CC medal at as well as a Dally M five eighth of the year award.

Agreed.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Greg Inglis is not a playmaker, and Issac Luke is not a hooker. And Sutton has only had a bad year because he was injured for the start of the the off-season, Greg Inglis didnt have an off-season, Sutton had no time to build a partnership with Greg, And hes playin under a terrible coach who didnt want Sutton to take on the line, which is a big part of his game, ever since hes been taking on the line again, hes been dangerous. Also with Taylor and Inglis getting picked for origin, interupted Sutton's season. Its hard for 5/8 to get the ball and look at a different bloke everyweek and see who hes gonna pass to. Issac Luke cannot pass from dummy half, he has no kicking game and a very average defender, only + for him is his running game from dummy half, he makes dumb decisions, i cant believe yous dont relieze this. and Greg Inglis is not a 5/8, when he played in the 6 at Melbourne, he did no playmaking. Souths need a playmaker, Sutton will gun it next year under Maguire, i can nearly guarrentee it, hes been one of if not our best over the last month ever since his shocker against cronulla, hes also been or best player over the past few years, nearly won the dally m in 09 and was a shoe in for origin, played well in 2010, but injuries stuffed us last year. Also think of Inglis backing up like Wesser does, whos gonna stop him ? Sutton in the 6, Inglis in the 1, Peats in the 9, in my opinion. Issac Luke is a running player. He started his career on the the wing, which dosent mean we put him on the wing.

Last edited:

Latest posts