What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever happened to...

nqboy

First Grade
Tes Lavea - former wonderboy wanna-be for the Melbourne Storm?

It's taken him a while but he's replaced Carlos Spencer at 5/8 for the Auckland (i guess that's why they cal them the) Blues this weekend.

I agonised over whether to post this. Would anyone care? Do I care? No, not really. Except as a postscript on a bloke who was highly touted during his time in League.

Didn't he have a (twin?) brother at the Storm as well? Whatever happened to him?

Maybe his twin (Tai Lavea) isn't as skilled as he is? *and I use the word skilled loosely here* btw it's Ces Lavea, Ces from Tasesa.

Ces came with high praises when we brought him over and was quite a player early on, earning NRL's Rookie of the Year award in 2000 ahead of guess who.. Matt Orford.

Either through his own issues or not being recognized by Muppet after he took over from Ando midway in 2001, or both, he was dropped from regular 5/8 to the Devils and brought back occasionally as a bench player, sometimes to replace Robbie Ross at fullback :shock:

I've seen him play 5/8 (fly half?) for the Blues in the past though, so it won't be his first time. I vaguely remembered an interview after he made the Blues side several times saying that he wasn't really enjoying his time at the Storm or league in general (not so sure about this).

I just read that link above and I forgot he played for the Eagles after he left us. :oops:

Murphdogg1

Juniors
He played union at school in New Zealand(St Kentigern College, Auckland) with his twin brother

So its not suprising

Very skillfull player, hopefully he goes well this saturday!!!(Go the Blues)

Wouldnt mind him playin 6 for the Warriors tho

Good Luck Ces !!!!

Thunderstruck said:
Either through his own issues or not being recognized by Muppet after he took over from Ando midway in 2001, or both, he was dropped from regular 5/8 to the Devils and brought back occasionally as a bench player, sometimes to replace Robbie Ross at fullback :shock:

Muppet by name, and Muppet by nature.

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
Rookie of the year in 2000 I think he was.

These rookies dont seem to set the world on fire after their first season.

1998: Mark McLinden, now with London Broncos
1999: Michael Vella, had thyriod cancer, but before his form was poor
2000: Lavea, bench player in 2001, left to go to Manly and you know the rest
2001: Braith Anasta, rep player in 2001, but hasnt seen the Australian jumper since, has picked up a bit of form though
2002: Matt Utai, scored a brilliant try the year after but I think he was dropped in PL at somestage
2003: lets say Brett Firman, now with Roosters and dropped to PL

Does this mean Karmichael Hunt will have second year syndrome. :shock:

bula_stormer

Juniors
Billy Slater never got second year syndrome, iM pretty sure he wouldve got the award if they didnt boycott the Dally M's.

Latest posts