What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats going on with Danny williams case?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He doesn't condone Williams actions, so I don't see any point to your post at all.

JOELCORE

Juniors
dodge said:
He doesn't condone Williams actions, so I don't see any point to your post at all.

Yes I did go over the top.But my main point was that likening this to a high shot is crazy.

This quote in particular is stupid."Too much is made of this "don't hit a man with his back turned" , its just crap."

tiger pride said:
I agree with League Guy and Dodge here. It's time to move on. Matt Johns should retire his Reg Reagan character (if it wasn't all ready old about a year ago) and develop something new.

dude! totally agreed!

dodge said:
Oh no, but you don't get it, it's a jibe at the old 70s and 80s players who'll get a laugh out of it. :roll:

GUESS WHAT, IT"S NOT ABOUT THEM ON THE FOOTY SHOW! Kids are cottoning on and thinking it's OK to belt their opposition. Hell, last week when Ch.9 did crowd shots I saw a kid with moe, pretend gut and a BBTB tshirt on. Todays kids are taking it on face value and want the violence. Not a good image for our game.

Agree 100% LeagueGuy.

Somebody has not listen to reg reagan and he says in his song "Kids, Play Hard BUT Play Fair" sums it up.

That's not a excuse dodge.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I'm not saying all high tackles should get 18 weeks. I'm saying a lot of them are as bad as what Williams did. If you smack someone in the head intentionally while their carrying the ball and theres nothing they can do to protect themselves then thats should be in the same class as what Williams did. You won't ever get rid of high tackles but you can help reduce them.

I also know that when fights break out it can be quite exciting, but this doesn't mean fighting is a good thing. Its the commentators fault partly because they make out that when theres fighting there is more passion and feeling in the game and its more of a contest. I don't think this is the case , but its a powerful sentiment. The whole Bring back the Biff thing adds to this and helps the suggestion that players today aren't as passionate and fired up today about football. If that whole attitude was broken down people would care less about seeing fights. Its just a matter of not moving closer to the fighting mentality thats in Ice Hockey but towards other sports where there is plenty of passion but no fighting.

OzDave

Juniors
Williams at the judiciary
1996 High tackle, one-match ban
1998 Reckless high tackle (grade 3), three matches
1998 Careless high tackle, four matches
2002 Careless high tackle (grade 2), not guilty
2002 Careless high tackle (grade 2), no ban
2002 Careless high tackle (grade 3), two matches
2003 Striking (grade 1), one match
2004 Striking (ungraded), 18 weeks.

Another in the Hopoate/Mason mold. Now we just wait for the magazine/paper stories about "Really, he's such a nice guy". Probably this Sunday I reckon. Might even be written by Phil Gould eh?

innsaneink

Referee
OzDave said:

Another in the Hopoate/Mason mold. Now we just wait for the magazine/paper stories about "Really, he's such a nice guy". Probably this Sunday I reckon. Might even be written by Phil Gould eh?

Some players leave the game with Grand final glory.....the lucky ones....most get a lap of honour at their home ground to a standing ovation from their fans....Williams will for the rest of his life remember HIS last NRL game as being sent off....being called a dog among other things and being spat on.

Happy memeories, Have a happy life, scumbag.

Surandy

Bench
Let's just replace the judiciary with the media coz that suspension was based on what the media wanted, not what he deserved to get! :evil:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OzDave said:

You're an absolute moron. Please tell me Mason's judiciary record.

Deadset moron mate. DEAD SET.

Mason is one of the best players running around at the moment and he doesn't have a glaring judiciary record so don't feed me any of your Hopoate tarred brush crap about him being a thug.

:roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Let's just replace the judiciary with the media coz that suspension was based on what the media wanted, not what he deserved to get!

Come on, what did you think he should have got!! :lol: :lol:

He got what he deserved!!

Latest posts