What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats happened to my boy Jason Smith

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Is it just me or has Smithy been given less of an important role? I feel each week the ball isnt going to him as much..i think Carney is having more of a role... do you guys think Elliot is essentially wrapping smithy in cotton wool incase we make the finals?? ANy one got any thoughts on this?? ALl i know is that the Raiders defense is on absolute fire and i think the boys are coming good at the right time of the year... and all teams better watch out.. starting with the Tigeerrrssss...

GO THE RAIDERSSSSS!!!

aussies1st

Staff member
It could be a bit to do with warrping him up in cotten wool. But also i feel Elliot wants to give Carney more confident for the finals and for next season.

Raider Ultra

Bench
No, the pressure is being taken off him due to the increasing role that Carney is taking. The main reason Smith was brough here in the first place was to help Carney through.

woodgers

Bench
Agree with you Ultra. We now have 2 players that have a passing and kicking game rather than Smithy doing it all on his own.

The Tigers dazza? If they play anything that resembles how they played against the Tigers then we will be done by at least 20 points. They were sensational and play that open style that we dislike and struggle with.

Boing Boing

Juniors
woodgers said:
Agree with you Ultra. We now have 2 players that have a passing and kicking game rather than Smithy doing it all on his own.

The Tigers dazza? If they play anything that resembles how they played against the Tigers then we will be done by at least 20 points. They were sensational and play that open style that we dislike and struggle with.

I don't think we struggled with an open style of play on Saturday night. I thought that was our finest display of the year.

woodgers

Bench
I have only seen most of the 2nd half at this stage, I have the tape off Evo and hope to watch it tonight. I presume they played well from the reports people have given. The Tigers display vs Cronulla was outstanding. The only one that might have beaten them yesterday was possibly a red hot St George. The footy the Tigers produced yesterday was twice as good as I have seen from the Raiders this year, absolutely blitzing.

aussies1st

Staff member
The tigers will test how good our defence is. It has improved considerably since the thrashings we took from Manly and the Storm earlier in the year.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I've been very happy with the way our team has prgressed. The real question is, can we keep it up and keep all our players on the park? We are definitely not out of finals contentio if we continue to play like this, all it takes is a couple of screw ups by another team *cough SHARKS* and a good win against the likes of Souths or Manly. Not saying we'll do it, but its defintiely possible.

woodgers

Bench
True, no one around us is out of it yet, not even the Warriors. If teams like the Knights, Souths and Panthers keep throwing spanners in the works, anything is possible.

aussies1st

Staff member
lucky for us we only play Souths and that is at home. I would hate to be playing the knights right now and the Panthers well we saw what they can do.

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
Hopefully the Tigers have peaked and are going to start decending because at the moment they are playing very nicely and unpredictably(spelling?). Still i think we are playing great football and im looking foward to this game particularly due to the fact my old man is a Maggies come Tigers fan!

Carney vs Marshall and The Halfback formally known as Prince should also be a good test for our young half.

Evergreen

Juniors
woodgers said:
I have only seen most of the 2nd half at this stage, I have the tape off Evo and hope to watch it tonight. I presume they played well from the reports people have given. The Tigers display vs Cronulla was outstanding. The only one that might have beaten them yesterday was possibly a red hot St George. The footy the Tigers produced yesterday was twice as good as I have seen from the Raiders this year, absolutely blitzing.

Tigers were good woodgers, but the Sharks were friggin woeful. A terrible completion rate with no direction in attack anyway, only 1 line break (against the Tigers defence which has been suspect all year), and the only player who looked like he was remotely interested was Jason Stevens.

Not to mention that it took 60 minutes of the game before the Tigers could finally put them away.

Now to the game on the weekend.....

Four of the five Tigers straight wins were against Manly, Roosters, Rabbits and Sharks - arguably four of the worst teams in the competition in the last month (being a bit tough on the bunnies!). This weekend will be a real test and I believe we have the game to frustrate their flowing attack, and we will be desperate to turn our good form into points.

The Tigpies are riding a wave of confidence, but methinks they may have peaked too soon. The Raiders, on the other hand, have produced good performances without winning, and if we can snag a victory on Sunday, our own self-belief will be boosted and anything could happen.

thickos

First Grade
Gotta remember the Tigers only opened that game up at the end when the Sharks dropped their bundle. The Tigers were good though, but this is desperation stakes for us now. Fire up!!!

Latest posts