What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats next for Sidhe...RL3?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
RL on Wii would be awesome lol..

hopefully Sidhe get a bigger budget and work on a next gen rl game...or at the least test the game before releasing it.

simostorm

Bench
I thought that EA did want RL rights?
As to a League manager game, I sent a email to the guys that made
pro rugby manager about making a League manager game, and they said they were aproached by a licensed league (either NRL or ESL I guess) but they turned it down so they could make some other game.

Odium

Juniors
Lets hope not, the Rugby League games by Sidhe are so bad they could stop a rhino. Its criminal how bad that game was, I want justice!

LESStar58

Referee
They ought to look at developing one for about this time next year so they have a good sports game out for PS3 ;-)

I want EA to develop it.....they develop union and its shyte. they need a new product!

Razor

Coach
LESStar58 said:
They ought to look at developing one for about this time next year so they have a good sports game out for PS3 ;-)

I want EA to develop it.....they develop union and its shyte. they need a new product!

EA don't develop Union. They publish Union, but it's not a major US or world sport so they don't do it themselves, they get a 3rd party to develop it and then EA publish it - same as they do for Cricket and did for ARL 96.

That's why FIFA, NHL, NBA, Madden, etc are all top-class games and Cricket, Rugby, etc suck majorly.

So jsut remember if EA get the rights it won't be developed in their American or Canadian game studios. It will be given to a 3rd party company to develop.

Master Vippo

Juniors
RL 2 was rushed and not enough of an improvement for a 2nd game i thought. They need to really take their time IF they are gonne make a RL3

Paullyboy

Coach
RL2 graphically was a big improvement I thought, but gameplay felt far too similar. And considering how poor the gameplay in RL1 was, that was a big let down.

I was tempted to go and buy it for xbox, but didnt bother.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Bought it on PC, and i really really wanted to enjoy it...heck at one stage i was ranked 1st in online...but the game played terrible..every game was basically the same with different uni's.

When i play Pro Evo, Madden, ESPN etc..i always feel like i wont be expecting the same type of style from the CPU team.

sydraider

First Grade
If they are to develop RL3, they could do no better than to look at the gameplay model of Pro Evo, like you said 2k2, totally unpredictable AI.

Mario

Juniors
simostorm said:
How about instead if Sidhe making another League game,
they focused on the next game being a league manager game?
Seeing so many ppl have talked about it in the past why dont they have a crack at it?

We are currently working on a couple of different projects including

www.melbournecupchallenge.com
www.jackassthegame.com

Future iterations in the Rugby League series have been discussed including discussions around next gen and handheld, but nothing has been decided.

It is unlikely that an RL title would be developed for next gen for another few years yet, as the install base is too small to offset the larger development cost required.

Additionally, its unlikely a specific RL management game would be produced by us. In all likelihood, we will just continue expanding the management/franchise component of future RL iterations and allow the gamer to approach it from a purely management side if they wish (to some extent you can already do this).

Hope that sheds some light on things.

A_J_Gray

Juniors
If Rugby League 3 was to be developed, id rather wait years for a different style game then get a similar one just upgraded.