What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats Sharp like?

As a newcastle fan..im not real keen on Sharp..he didnt get you guys close[no offence]in 3 years..i think in 3 years if you cant get close then move on..so how did you like him?

Garts

Bench
most will tell you he sucked, imo he did not have the best working enviroment. would not surprise me to see him do well elsewhere.

swoop

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
As a newcastle fan..im not real keen on Sharp..he didnt get you guys close[no offence]in 3 years..i think in 3 years if you cant get close then move on..so how did you like him?

When Manly merged with Norths he had a potential GF winning team but couldn't even get them into the top 8. But there were a lot off behind the scenes disruptions that may be responsible for the teams non-performance.

But then again when Fulton left Manly he endorsed Sharp as his replacement. I suppose Sharp hasn't proven himself and the jury is still out!

groggo

Juniors
he did ok with what he had i didnt like his coaching style. But with a fit johns in the team who knows

Beaches Boy

Juniors
Sharp was the worst coach we have ever had at Manly, he had a heap of talent especially in his first year or two and delivered SFA.

chileman

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Ask Terry Hill :lol:

Barks

Juniors
Mzilikazi said:
And we still put up with an awful lot of mediocrity at the club.

I take your comment on board, but manly were nearly kaput just a few years ago. Starting from basically scratch, in a short timeframe they have made the semi's and are looking at adding a few extra peices each year, thanks mainly to the help of Max Delemege.

The club and 1st grade side has progressed ok since the failed merger and max coming on board, but it's unrealistic to expect instant results. There is some mediocrity in the club, if that's the term you would like to use, just as there are some mediocre supporters

c_eagle

Juniors
He did a fantastic job in 2002 but was really not the coach to take a team to a premiership. With that said, he has probably improved in Melbourne and Parramatta. Good luck to him.