What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats tbe best FREE music downloader?

Skinner

Coach
Savage Panther said:
kazaa just f*** your computer up

ive got a program called Bearshare, and it isnt too bad

Bearshare is full of malware mate, lose it.

Cheers
Skinner

Booyah

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Well even before reading this thread today, last night i did actually get WinMX.

Does all of yours player through Winamp? And if so, how can you make it so it plays (.wma) files?

Yep. It should automatically go via Winamp, unless you have another player installed like Quicktime or something.

Booyah

Bench
And for the topic, I have Winmx. It is, I reckon, the best available.

Stay far far away from Kazaa.

meltiger

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
parra_panther said:
I use Shareza.

Does the job.
Same. No adware, no spyware.

Agreed. The download speeds on this program are also amazing on both dial up and high speed. The only problem is it tends to dominate your pc at times.

I used to use WinMX years ago, that always did the job and had a wider selection of rare songs than ones like Kazza/Morph/Napster ever did.

Of course as mentioned above, if you're looking for full albums then have a look around IRC for the right channel for you however I wouldn't be using MIRC as my client, I'd be looking for something a little more tailored and not so basic.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Soulseek for mp3s, eMule for anything else. Kazaa Lite is decent as well. Kazaa is a spyware ridden piece of trash.

El Coconuto

Bench
There's nothing wrong with Kazaa Lite. Different computers run better to various programs. In my case, I tried most of the programs people mentioned and it just turned out that Kazaa Lite was the best of the lot on my pc. E-mule coming in a close second...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Coconuto said:
There's nothing wrong with Kazaa Lite. Different computers run better to various programs. In my case, I tried most of the programs people mentioned and it just turned out that Kazaa Lite was the best of the lot on my pc. E-mule coming in a close second...
Agreed. I run XP on a broadband connection and use Soulseek and Emule, but Soulseek caused my GFs sister's pc (running windows Me on dial-up) top crash all the time while Kazaa Lite was fine. Normal Kazaa sucks dog's balls on ANY computer though.

Kakihara

Juniors
yep mirc is where all the top mp3 release groups are.

I used soulseek for the first time and found it a piece of crap, hard to find bands are near impossible to find and if there is a person with it you have to wait for massive queues of 30 or 40+ people.