What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats that sound???????

Kiwi

First Grade
It's the sound of not a single sharks fan in here other than Tamazoid popping in every now and again to claim the Sharks were screwed ( maybe he thinks if he says it enough he'll actually start to believe it )

Kiwi

First Grade
yes it is, but I barely post in there anyway, most of the posters in the Broncos forum post in nospam37 also, and they are mostly whingers who constantly complain so I don't bother with them.

chileman

Coach
:shock: 74-4 At least Manly can't claim the highest score against them this season :lol: , YET :roll:

Jono Russell

Bench
did any of you actully watch the match, we were so screwed by the ref, any team would have lost in that posistion.we had 10 men on the field when ever there was a scrum 99% of our team were in it.and to make things worse hayne kept on penalising players for stupid things and he never gave any explinations.and dont forget those 10 men left on the field had not much experiance most of them were still rookies. so lets take a close look

*No Peachey
*No Kimmorley
*shocking Ref favouring Eels
*team full of young guns

all that = a massive loose

it wouldnt surprise me if the nrl found out that shane hayne was being paid off to make sharks loose.

Kiwi

First Grade
somethingwithjohn said:
did any of you actully watch the match, we were so screwed by the ref, any team would have lost in that posistion.we had 10 men on the field when ever there was a scrum 99% of our team were in it.and to make things worse hayne kept on penalising players for stupid things and he never gave any explinations.and dont forget those 10 men left on the field had not much experiance most of them were still rookies. so lets take a close look

*No Peachey
*No Kimmorley
*team full of young guns

it wouldnt surprise me if the nrl found out that shane hayne was being paid off to make sharks loose.

No Peachey = his own fault, he did it to himself and his team
No Kimmorley = who cares he was injured, other clubs have injured players of higher calibre than Kimmorley, you don't here them making excuses because of it.
Shocking ref favouring the Eels = What game were you watching, it was very even in terms of ref calls, both teams copping a few dodge calls up until Peachey's brain explosion, thats footy. Like I said in another thread, Peachey got himself sent, Nutley chose to commit a professional foul on top of that so had to go, and the high tackle deserved a send off, why only send off if the guy doesn't get up, it was a swinging arm aimed directly at the head. The Sharks after Peachey went followed their captains example and lost the plot. They got on the wrong side of the ref and constantly, blatantly and aggressively kept up with what they were getting done for, in the end it became a free for all with the Eels AND the Sharks trading cheap shots. The Eels was more retalliation than anything else. If Peachey had of shut up after getting marched 10 then who knows what would have happened in the game. You want one person to blame, look at peachey first, then work your way through the other sharks players.

Nuffs

Bench
Kiwi said:
Shocking ref favouring the Eels = What game were you watching, it was very even in terms of ref calls, both teams copping a few dodge calls up until Peachey's brain explosion, thats footy. Like I said in another thread, Peachey got himself sent, Nutley chose to commit a professional foul on top of that so had to go, and the high tackle deserved a send off, why only send off if the guy doesn't get up, it was a swinging arm aimed directly at the head. The Sharks after Peachey went followed their captains example and lost the plot. They got on the wrong side of the ref and constantly, blatantly and aggressively kept up with what they were getting done for, in the end it became a free for all with the Eels AND the Sharks trading cheap shots. The Eels was more retalliation than anything else. If Peachey had of shut up after getting marched 10 then who knows what would have happened in the game. You want one person to blame, look at peachey first, then work your way through the other sharks players.

so why is the referees boss saying it was a disgraceful refereeing display?

why will Shayne Hayne not referee this week?

i thought Newtown deserved to be sent off because it was a deliberate high shot (although i have seen worse which havent been sent off)

Peachey should never have been binned or sent off! he was binned for using his arms and then sent off for calling him a cheat!

Nutley should never have been binned. fair enough if the ref had said to the captain that he was going to bin the next offender (as all good referees do) but he just decided to stamp his mark on the game even more

a woeful display of refereeing and the Sharks couldnt do anything about the scoreline. Parramatta did everything right to exploit it

and how the guy that got Nutley high from Parra stayed on the field is beyond me. and also probably the Shark (dumas or friend? EDIT: IT WAS ACTUALLY WILLIAMS) who is on report for his high shot. as Phil Bailey said "that was the worst tackle all night, why don't you send him off?"

Jono Russell

Bench
Kiwi said:
somethingwithjohn said:

*No Peachey
*No Kimmorley
*team full of young guns

No Peachey = his own fault, he did it to himself and his team
No Kimmorley = who cares he was injured, other clubs have injured players of higher calibre than Kimmorley, you don't here them making excuses because of it.

im not going to get into detail all i will say is, I DISAGREE with everything you have said.

Tash

Juniors
and the high tackle deserved a send off, why only send off if the guy doesn't get up, it was a swinging arm aimed directly at the head

Well then if that deserved a send off then why didnt the parra player who nearly took off Nutley's head in the 1st half get a send off aswell.

dimitri

First Grade
every player that was sent from the field deserved it

the nrl said the game was a farce

and all players and ref are to blame

if the nrl drops hayne then they should also suspend all thsoe players involved in the farcial events

Kiwi

First Grade
Tash said:
and the high tackle deserved a send off, why only send off if the guy doesn't get up, it was a swinging arm aimed directly at the head

Well then if that deserved a send off then why didnt the parra player who nearly took off Nutley's head in the 1st half get a send off aswell.

That tackle wasn't nearly as bad. Not every high tackle deserves a send off, if it did we would finish with 11 on 11 almost every match. Newton looked to be going deliberately for the head, it wasn't a oops slipped up off the shoulder or ball, it wasn't the attacker falling into it ect, nothing but a swinging arm aimed at the head end of story, he got what he deserved.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Tash said:

That tackle wasn't nearly as bad. Not every high tackle deserves a send off, if it did we would finish with 11 on 11 almost every match. Newton looked to be going deliberately for the head, it wasn't a oops slipped up off the shoulder or ball, it wasn't the attacker falling into it ect, nothing but a swinging arm aimed at the head end of story, he got what he deserved.

Get out of Hayne's bed.

The tackle by the Eels player was just as bad, if not worse than Newton's tackle. He would NOT have been sent-off under real circumstances by an appropriately qualified referee, nor would Peachey have been.

Kiwi

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Kiwi said:
Tash said:

Get out of Hayne's bed.

The tackle by the Eels player was just as bad, if not worse than Newton's tackle. He would NOT have been sent-off under real circumstances by an appropriately qualified referee, nor would Peachey have been.

Get off Anderson's lap, take your head from Kimmorley's groin and get some air before typing.

Peachey would have been sent by any ref, all ref's would react the same way to being called a f**king cheat. As for Newton, I stand by what I said, he deserved to be sent, and unfortunately for Newton he did it whilst the Sharks were losing the plot, playing very poorly and shortly after his captain had been sent deservedly and Nutley had got 10 for a professional foul. If thats not incentive enough to watch the high tackles, then off you deserve to be.

imasharkie

Coach
Peach has said he didn't call hayne a cheat and i think most supporters of rl would beleive him unfortunatly the real cheat is trying to cover himself..i for one have never liked wild bill's clone as a referee and hopefully he will spend the rest of the season on holiday and decide to retire from refereeing for the good of the game :x :x

El Diablo

Post Whore
blueboatboy2 said:
Peach has said he didn't call hayne a cheat and i think most supporters of rl would beleive him unfortunatly the real cheat is trying to cover himself..i for one have never liked wild bill's clone as a referee and hopefully he will spend the rest of the season on holiday and decide to retire from refereeing for the good of the game :x :x

Well what did he say?

He clearly says two words.

dannyboy

Juniors
Yes he used the "F" word.

He asked Hayne what an "F"ing dominant tackle is then. He had already asked the ref without resorting to profanities but Hayne wouldn't give him the courtesy of answering....little wonder Peachey had skant regard for him.

When the game was starting to get out of control, Hayne needed to pull the captains in for a talk then....he didn't. When he starts dishing out penalties he needs to make it clear to the players & captains why...he didn't. When the infringements are ongoing he needs to warn and then take action NOT take action and then warn....he didn't. The 10 metres was a joke, in the last 10-15 minutes there were more Sharks player in the Eels backline than in their own. A lot of forum posters slam billy-boy for being too arrogant but he usually shows the players respect and makes sure you know where he's coming from.

The ref lost control of the game and then the Sharks then lost control of their brains. Good on the Eels for playing the game in front of them and making the most of the farcial situation. It's a shame that the records set in this game will be forever completely overshadowed by the refering perfomance.

Kiwi said:
Tamazoid said:
Kiwi said:
Tash said:

Get out of Hayne's bed.

Get off Anderson's lap, take your head from Kimmorley's groin and get some air before typing.

Peachey would have been sent by any ref, all ref's would react the same way to being called a f**king cheat. As for Newton, I stand by what I said, he deserved to be sent, and unfortunately for Newton he did it whilst the Sharks were losing the plot, playing very poorly and shortly after his captain had been sent deservedly and Nutley had got 10 for a professional foul. If thats not incentive enough to watch the high tackles, then off you deserve to be.

You're not very bright are you, Kiwi?

Green Eye

Juniors
dannyboy said:
Yes he used the "F" word.

He asked Hayne what an "F"ing dominant tackle is then. He had already asked the ref without resorting to profanities but Hayne wouldn't give him the courtesy of answering....little wonder Peachey had skant regard for him.

When the game was starting to get out of control, Hayne needed to pull the captains in for a talk then....he didn't. When he starts dishing out penalties he needs to make it clear to the players & captains why...he didn't. When the infringements are ongoing he needs to warn and then take action NOT take action and then warn....he didn't. The 10 metres was a joke, in the last 10-15 minutes there were more Sharks player in the Eels backline than in their own. A lot of forum posters slam billy-boy for being too arrogant but he usually shows the players respect and makes sure you know where he's coming from.

The ref lost control of the game and then the Sharks then lost control of their brains. Good on the Eels for playing the game in front of them and making the most of the farcial situation. It's a shame that the records set in this game will be forever completely overshadowed by the refering perfomance.

This post by dannyboy is probably the most intelligent summation of what REALLY happened and what the responsibilites of a ref are. Onya mate.