What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats the answer

timka4

Bench
we actually went better last year with a different coach, and some of our forwards injured, tolar, ciraldo? taia was firing. Cross was injured as well, but ive found him pretty good usually this year, when he isn't being knocked out.

but i guess we also had houston and Wicks was also good when he was playing well. ahh the good old days (was actually still quite average on occasion)

Is it just me or has Patto been extremely quiet last two weeks?

I'd say he's buggered mate.

He played, from memory, 10 games last year, and yesterday was his 11th in a row this year. There was an article in the Newcastle Herald a few days back where Stoney said that he was battling fatigue badly and would be given a few days off training during the bye week.

That said, certainly not just you. after 9 weeks of being our best or real close to it, he's been non-existant for the last fortnight.

RABK

Referee
If he's suffering depression then performing like he did only to be overlooked for Country might have been a kick in the guts.

Nuffy

Bench
I believe that if the performances continue in a similar vein, the board will be forced to terminate Stone.

He is the single biggest change the club made and if you judged him up to last night, he's been a spectacular failure.

Most of the players are shadows of their 09 performance, the mental strength of the team is questionable, no one seems sure of exactly what the best team is and our 2nd half fades are legendary.

The most worried person in Newcastle would be Burraston, what one win at home all year, its not exactly going to bring the crowds back.

I think the club needs to pay Stone out and chase Kearney, Potter or Macguire.

As good as Burro and the board have done in fixing the off field issues, particularly the commercial aspects, this will be all undone in a heart beat by 1-2 years of rubbish under Stone.

Do you remember how we were going before Smith made his announcement he was leaving and players started sandbagging or doesnt that fit into your agenda?
Smithy had no greater supporter than me in his days here. Agenda? LOL. Go back to bed.Yes we were I believe in the top 4 or thereabouts before Smith walked. Being a top four side does not mean you are in the top 4 for a week or two then fall to ninth like we did after getting smashed by Parra 40-8. It means you finish in the top 4 at the end of august. Fact is we were 7th. Clearly you and fact do not get along. If your paranoia somehow thinks I am against you for the sake of it then you are dead wrong mate. Repeat. No agenda here.

I'd say he's buggered mate.

He played, from memory, 10 games last year, and yesterday was his 11th in a row this year. There was an article in the Newcastle Herald a few days back where Stoney said that he was battling fatigue badly and would be given a few days off training during the bye week.

That said, certainly not just you. after 9 weeks of being our best or real close to it, he's been non-existant for the last fortnight.

Really hope its just that......... Would hate for the big fella to slide again.

Even with those scary f**king tatoo's of his!

Smithy had no greater supporter than me in his days here. Agenda? LOL. Go back to bed.Yes we were I believe in the top 4 or thereabouts before Smith walked. Being a top four side does not mean you are in the top 4 for a week or two then fall to ninth like we did after getting smashed by Parra 40-8. It means you finish in the top 4 at the end of august. Fact is we were 7th. Clearly you and fact do not get along. If your paranoia somehow thinks I am against you for the sake of it then you are dead wrong mate. Repeat. No agenda here.

Sorry mate, was a tad harsh.

I just dont understand how your logic that smith was a failure when we just missed the finals in 08.

When were well and truly on course for a top 4 spot til the announcement.....

The only thing thats changed in 2010 is the coach, if anything our roster is arguably stronger.

I have to admit I wasnt to upset when Smith left but the proof is in the pudding.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think we miss Smithy's no b*llsh*t schoolteacher approach. Guys like Sau, Taia, Hilder, etc thrived under it, those guys have been a mere shadow of their former selves this year.
Its obvious we're not up to it this year and we need to recruit and recruit hard for next year.

Yosh

Coach
Just watching the game right... If you only watched the first 25mins or so, its 6-6 but you'd think we are gonna win by a good 20 points.

Dureau was also doing fantastic. His kicking game was giving us repeat sets, putting them nicely behind their line...

Serc

First Grade
Aqua - Taia was back to his best in the Broncos game, and for the Kiwis. Granted he was average until that point (and I too would've considered putting him in the same category as you have done above), but he has a get out of jail card from me for the time.

Also, Hilder was pretty much back to his best in terms of defence last night - would love to see him continue that in the next few weeks after the bye. Though again he too has been below par for the first 10 rounds of this season too.

Sau - I'm starting to get worried about him. Playing for NZ didn't do it for him...I'm not sure whats going to dig him out of this slump otherwise.

whistler

Juniors
Is it just me or has Patto been extremely quiet last two weeks?

Imo that's just Patto for you mate. He's never going to be consistant because he's not the type of player who goes looking to get involved. Not sure if it's because Stone has told him to stay only on the left hand side,but if the ball doesn't come his way he will be quiet. Not sure about stats but compare him to Ben Creagh,who has the same type of role as Patto,and Creagh seems to find a way to get involved in a game.

aqua_duck

Coach
Aqua - Taia was back to his best in the Broncos game, and for the Kiwis. Granted he was average until that point (and I too would've considered putting him in the same category as you have done above), but he has a get out of jail card from me for the time.

Also, Hilder was pretty much back to his best in terms of defence last night - would love to see him continue that in the next few weeks after the bye. Though again he too has been below par for the first 10 rounds of this season too.

Sau - I'm starting to get worried about him. Playing for NZ didn't do it for him...I'm not sure whats going to dig him out of this slump otherwise.
was painful watching Hilder play hooker on friday night, took alot of wrong options. Last year he was starting lock and was killing it, so much so I rated him as good as Dallas Johnson, this year he's been very average

Serc

First Grade
Yeah well he's not a hooker really so I'm not going to hold that against him.

Might have been handy to have Chris Adams at the moment if he wasn't injured and had continued his good progress...