What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the commentry like?

Sharks_fan

Juniors
Hey,

I have been reading alot on how good the game is but i havnt heard on the commentry by Andrew Voss.

Just woundering is it good commentry?

NPK

Bench
If you can't wait until the game comes out next week, download the 23 minute video from rlgame.com (in the review section) - you'll hear a whole 20 minute game's worth of commentary.

-JJ-

Juniors
From watching the video I can tell you the commentory is fairly good.

It is smooth and quite flowing.

In the video there seemed to be a little bug, where the commentator kept on mentioning the "number 2" several times in a row eg great try by the number 2, first points scored by the number 2, what a try by the number 2 etc etc.

It sounds video gamish (eg some un smoothness, if you were listening to it you could tell it wasn't real)(as it would), but still its pretty good.

ripper

The 'Number 2' Was some guy Locksley made and he it didn't obvoiusly have its name in the name lists

ortz18

Juniors
the commentary IMHO is pretty poor. Now dont start trying to insult me, its my opinion, the whole game looks fantastic, but that commentary in comparison to say rugby 2001, its to computerised. Anyway thats my 2 cents.

umosay

Juniors
i think the commentary is some of the best i've heard in a game, come on... imagine if it was those english commentators :!

ive played a couple of hours worth of it in the gamesmen, and the commentary is very nice - lots of silly phrases in there too like "he'll be picking grass out of his teeth after that tackle!" :lol:

Goleel

Juniors
Excuse me, are you deaf? Have you even listened to the 2K series commentary or are you just mindlessly bashing the game again? Because it has, without doubt, the best commentary ever, it IS natural, varied and as close to real as commentary has come.

Vossy's commentary sounds good but it certainly isn't revolutionary or brilliant or anything like that, it does its job and does it rather nicely.,

fauves

Juniors
I beg to differ. Whilst playing the game at harvey norman on the xbox promotional stand as stated in the final version thread I would say the commentry is second to none of any sports game. Vossy seemed very witty and for the 2hrs or so I played it the commentry didnt even sound repetetive.

-JJ-

Juniors
ripper73 said:
The 'Number 2' Was some guy Locksley made and he it didn't obvoiusly have its name in the name lists

Yeah, but that is only half the point. The other part is the repitition eg if it had been "a great try by Jones, first points to Jones, fantastic try by Jones" etc etc it would still have been pretty bad.

umosay

Juniors
Goleel said:
Excuse me, are you deaf? Have you even listened to the 2K series commentary or are you just mindlessly bashing the game again? Because it has, without doubt, the best commentary ever, it IS natural, varied and as close to real as commentary has come.

Vossy's commentary sounds good but it certainly isn't revolutionary or brilliant or anything like that, it does its job and does it rather nicely.,

Yeah sorry gol, i did say "i've", and i haven't heard any 2k series so ~ ;-) i can't really comment... vossy does a great job in My opinion

NPK

Bench
ripper73 said:

I don't think that's right. The tryscorer who who is the "number 2" was Michael Devere and his name is in the game. It just said "number 2", albeit a few times in a row, to give the commentary some variety.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah like in Rugby 2004 when you create a player and he scores a try it repeats the postion number and sometimes the weight of him eg "great try by number 2, brilliant play there from 89kg". It was really weird is that what you call a bug in the commentary?

I hope Rugby League commentary is fairly decent.

I love the commentry I really think it is revolutionary in some ways.

In so many sports games after a try,goal,shot is made only one comment is made and then nothing else, where as in real life they make multiple comments...I love it how Vossy says like 3/4 comments after a try is scored,t also he is always yapping there seems to be very little dead air which is great...
But most of all!!! after watching the videos it really seams that the commenty REFLECTS the game! thats not easy!! and THAT is what its all about!!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Well that's good then most of the comments people have said about the commentary have been positive. I wish i downloaded the 23 min video but it would take too long on a dial-up connection so i didn't bother but i suppose all i got to do now is wait 5 days and i'll find out for myself with my own copy of Rugby League.