What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the difference between a hit and a king hit?

kooriguy

Juniors
it does not matter which way a person is looking a king hit is the best one a person has in them, thrown as hard as they can with intent to knock the other person out. a hit is just a punch thrown or a flurry of hits. if someone gets droped in one punch they were king hit imo.

kooriguy

Juniors
also tallis did not king hit ross or attempt to.. he got him with a flurry of quick punchs.. at no point did he load up for a knockout blow.

This Year?

Immortal
A fairy tap is a punch thrown by a union player and a bitch slap is something AFL players do. I think Sam Newman invented the bitch slap.

Moffo

Referee
kooriguy said:
also tallis did not king hit ross or attempt to.. he got him with a flurry of quick punchs.. at no point did he load up for a knockout blow.

oh come on you can't be serious. have you ever thrown a punch without the intention of knocking your opponent out????

C.P

Juniors
kooriguy said:
it does not matter which way a person is looking a king hit is the best one a person has in them, thrown as hard as they can with intent to knock the other person out. a hit is just a punch thrown or a flurry of hits. if someone gets droped in one punch they were king hit imo.

Thats a strange theory - try proving that thats the best punch someone can throw, so does someone at the judiciary say "It wasnt a king hit your honour i've got better and harder punches than that, honest" or "I didnt intend for that punch to knock him out, I was going to throw a better one after that one" :lol:

Simply, a KING HIT surely is one that is thrown when the person isnt looking or if they arent expecting the punch ie if you just walk up to someone and smack them with no warning. And it shouldnt matter what the result is whether you knock them out or not if you hit someone under those circumstances its a king hit and a dog act.
Exhibits A + B = Williams hit on O'Neill and Webb on Hoffman. IMO Webb was lucky only to get 5 weeks for his one.

In last nights incident there is a hint of Delaneys hand being in the nut squeeze area but getting up and punching somone especially how the game was poised was a bit ordinary. In saying that as people have said. Delaney was looking at Lowe and Lowe had grabbed him initially by the throat. Not a king hit, an over reaction yes but no way should it be put in the same class as Webb's which got 5 weeks.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
This Year? said:
A fairy tap is a punch thrown by a union player and a bitch slap is something AFL players do. I think Sam Newman invented the bitch slap.

Ohh that's Gold Mate I couldn't describe that better myself.:lol:

kooriguy

Juniors
C.P said:
Thats a strange theory - try proving that thats the best punch someone can throw, so does someone at the judiciary say "It wasnt a king hit your honour i've got better and harder punches than that, honest" or "I didnt intend for that punch to knock him out, I was going to throw a better one after that one" :lol:

Simply, a KING HIT surely is one that is thrown when the person isnt looking or if they arent expecting the punch ie if you just walk up to someone and smack them with no warning. And it shouldnt matter what the result is whether you knock them out or not if you hit someone under those circumstances its a king hit and a dog act.
Exhibits A + B = Williams hit on O'Neill and Webb on Hoffman. IMO Webb was lucky only to get 5 weeks for his one.

In last nights incident there is a hint of Delaneys hand being in the nut squeeze area but getting up and punching somone especially how the game was poised was a bit ordinary. In saying that as people have said. Delaney was looking at Lowe and Lowe had grabbed him initially by the throat. Not a king hit, an over reaction yes but no way should it be put in the same class as Webb's which got 5 weeks.

it was still a king hit you idiot.. it does not matter which way the person was looking that has to be the dumbest explanation i have ever heard.:roll:

MKEB...

Staff member
Kinghit = Betham on Reardon
Lowe on Delaney

Hit = Normal footy biff

Mongrel Hit = Danny Williams

Lowdown

Juniors
Raiding Dazz said:
King Hit is when someone's not looking and they get hit that hard and fall to the ground

FFS there are some dumbarses on this site..

A king hit is widely known and understood to be a single powerful punch which causes damage ususally resulting in a knockout or collapse.

If they are looking or not...it does not matter. The punch is a king hit by definition by the act of the person throwing it and connecting, not which way his opponent is facing.

It was a sickening punch and (will be) worthy of a long suspension. If you are going to hit someone, throw a soft punch first to test them (even a hard push, perhaps a buderus slap) - that way if a fight erupts and THEN you land a king hit - it's in the heat of battle.

Throwing a direct king hit first up is just plain stupidity. ;-)

Moffo

Referee
Lowdown said:

A king hit is widely known and understood to be a single powerful punch which causes damage ususally resulting in a knockout or collapse.

If they are looking or not...it does not matter. The punch is a king hit by definition by the act of the person throwing it and connecting, not which way his opponent is facing.

It was a sickening punch and (will be) worthy of a long suspension. If you are going to hit someone, throw a soft punch first to test them (even a hard push, perhaps a buderus slap) - that way if a fight erupts and THEN you land a king hit - it's in the heat of battle.

wanna bet? if it was a king hit he would've got 15 weeks

anyways, good to see the NRL read this thread and common sense prevailed

TITAN1

Juniors
Moffo said:
wanna bet? if it was a king hit he would've got 15 weeks

anyways, good to see the NRL read this thread and common sense prevailed
Yeah,im sure the NRL policy makers read every word on here..:sarcasm:
Back to the original question,theres no difference-both "types" of hits are illegal.

Coaster

Bench
Actually a King hit is a punch thrown without the other person knowing its coming.

You can be face to face and still cop a King hit, its the surprise element that is the difference.

IMO

Moffo

Referee
TITAN1 said:
Yeah,im sure the NRL policy makers read every word on here..:sarcasm:
Back to the original question,theres no difference-both "types" of hits are illegal.

they should, what else do the wankers do with their time?

innsaneink

Referee
Lowdown said:

Youre not wrong there.

Lowdown said:
If you are going to hit someone, throw a soft punch first to test them (even a hard push, perhaps a buderus slap) - that way if a fight erupts and THEN you land a king hit - it's in the heat of battle.

Latest posts