What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the difference between the booing of adam goodes, buddy & the booing of latrell?!

soc123_au

Staff member
Did youngquest come out when playing NRL?!
It may have been after. Still an NRL player coming out, and I don't recall any hand wringing over it. No one gives a shit who prefers what genitals anymore, as long as both parties are up for it, have at it.

Valheru

Coach
I'm okay with Latrell getting booed when he does his grubby stuff. And he has a habit of turning grubby.
Booing him for playing good is out of order and I suspect there is a fair bit of that.
Goodes was booed for calling out racism from a teenage girl. That I can't accept. If that girl was vilifying your brother or sister with what she said you wouldn't accept it let alone defend her.
Don't know why Franklin was booed. Was it for the cheap shot he pulled off a few weeks ago?

Jason Horne-Francis was booed recently for a few weeks in the AFL. I don't expect many here to know who he is but he ain't indigenous and all he did was leave a struggling club for a more successful one and fans from clubs other then the one he left booed him relentlessly.

The OP has conveniently left this example out of his rants.

Pippen94

First Grade
Jason Horne-Francis was booed recently for a few weeks in the AFL. I don't expect many here to know who he is but he ain't indigenous and all he did was leave a struggling club for a more successful one and fans from clubs other then the one he left booed him relentlessly.

The OP has conveniently left this example out of his rants.

I don't even know who the f..that is. Tell do you think there was an element of racism in the booing of Adam Goode's?!

soc123_au

Staff member
Makes a big difference as seen here portion of fan base has homophobic culture.
You're living in the past. I'll admit as a teenager I was a homophobe, I was born in 1971, so in that era it was definitely the norm. Not so much now, blokes like Roberts were trailblazers in helping change how people think, now I genuinely believe the majority of people just dont care what someones sexuality is, they just don't feel the need to clap and cheer about it.

Valheru

Coach
I don't even know who the f..that is. Tell do you think there was an element of racism in the booing of Adam Goode's?!

Of course you don't because that example is inconvenient for your narrative.

Goodes is the only one where racism was the prime motivator.

Latrell doesn't get booed by roosters fans if he doesn't break manu's face. If you can't understand that then I can't help you.

Pippen94

First Grade
You're living in the past. I'll admit as a teenager I was a homophobe, I was born in 1971, so in that era it was definitely the norm. Not so much now, blokes like Roberts were trailblazers in helping change how people think, now I genuinely believe the majority of people just dont care what someones sexuality is, they just don't feel the need to clap and cheer about it.

being gay is still used as a putdown like here. Not much has changed

Pippen94

First Grade
Of course you don't because that example is inconvenient for your narrative.

Goodes is the only one where racism was the prime motivator.

Latrell doesn't get booed by roosters fans if he doesn't break manu's face. If you can't understand that then I can't help you.

Here's Adam Goode's case;
Champion player
Outspoken on indigenous issues
Racially abused by underage fan who was called out publicly.
Fans said booing was because of dirty play despite other players who do same thing not receiving same level of boos.

Now Latrell case;
Read Adam goodes case above

f**k Latrell
f**k Cody
f**k South Sydney as a staff, a rugby league team and a muthaf**kin crew, and if you wanna be down with Souffs then f**k you too.
Jack Wighton f**k you too.
All you muthaf**kers, f**k you too.....

Pippen94

First Grade
Ha ha, no it isn't. You just don't understand banter and a certain style of humour, running jokes are a thing, Suspend Ryles & Never heard of the f**ker etc etc. The Lesbian quip is one of those.

It's very nuanced & intellectual. Calling a poor performing team a pack of lesbians..but the culture of the fan base has changed & it's much more accepting

Valheru

Coach
Here's Adam Goode's case;
Champion player
Outspoken on indigenous issues
Racially abused by underage fan who was called out publicly.
Fans said booing was because of dirty play despite other players who do same thing not receiving same level of boos.

Now Latrell case;
Read Adam goodes case above

Lol no

Latrell's case

Leaves roosters early 2020
Not booed for 2 years
Breaks manu face
Booed by roosters fans.