What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the news on Orford

steaming stormer said:
That is one thing the club have been adamant on is that it is a 3 year deal. I think they could drop to 2, but not 1. They'll have some pissed off fans at the game this week if they do sign him for 1

That was the deal on the table at Warrington, in hindsight if he isn't prepared to sign up with the Storm for 3 years, he sure as hell wasn't gpoing to sign with Warrington for that term.

He is a confused little puppy who needs to get his head straight as he will soon be challenging Mundine as the person who pisses most people off.

Zaphod

Juniors
Hoggy said:
Let him go.

Now.

f**k him off.

M.Monaghan must hate that joint right now too.

Monaghan is a whiney little girl with no talent or vision. He will be playing in hooker next year if Orford comes then I will predict he will be shipped off out of his contract early and good riddance.....what a skirt he his

ausraider

Juniors
getdownmonkeyman said:
That was the deal on the table at Warrington, in hindsight if he isn't prepared to sign up with the Storm for 3 years, he sure as hell wasn't gpoing to sign with Warrington for that term.

He is a confused little puppy who needs to get his head straight as he will soon be challenging Mundine as the person who pisses most people off.

I think he has actually overtaken Mundine.At least Mundine didn't f**k his club like this little prick.

The Informer

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
it siad he was going to sign as early as tonight.

Brain Waldron has basically conceded that orford is going to manly on a 4 year deal.

He was wrapped up with a letter of intent 2 months ago. All the games since, including the laughable Daily Terror beat up stories have been a deliberate (by the manager) drawn out game to take the heat off the direct parties (player, manager, Eagles) after the "signing" was leaked and exposed (a blabber mouth Eagles staffer). Numerous games have been played along with Melb to keep the story running (as it has) through recent weeks, to make it look like it wasn't sign sealed and delivered (as it already was) 8 wks ago, and for similar reasons not announced before now after all the media focus (beat up stories to take the public focus off Eagles and turn toward expectation for Souths), anti tampering claims and "fit the cap" claims, most of which came from Souths who were never in the running (which they knew).

If the real story had unfolded, and he had signed through the first few days of July don't you think the public and media would have turned up the heat about what a joke this had all been, in the middle of a season, especially after the leak and focus. Now (given the ongoing beat up) the statements will be so easy and so believable - "it was so hard", "Storm have been so good to me", "they made a very competitive offer", "I only decided yesterday", blah blah blah, and most will now believe it all, of course they will, they've seen all this drag through the papers they now believe it was close, and he nearly stayed, etc etc etc . . . . . . . . . . . .

The Manager has earnt his cut with this one, he has played this out better than a soap opera.

Stranger

Coach
ausraider said:
I think he has actually overtaken Mundine.At least Mundine didn't f**k his club like this little prick.

Agreed. What a money hungry little bastard. Thats exactly the sort of player that teams dont need.

shadow grinder

First Grade
The Informer said:
He was wrapped up with a letter of intent 2 months ago. All the games since, including the laughable Daily Terror beat up stories have been a deliberate (by the manager) drawn out game to take the heat off the direct parties (player, manager, Eagles) after the "signing" was leaked and exposed (a blabber mouth Eagles staffer). Numerous games have been played along with Melb to keep the story running (as it has) through recent weeks, to make it look like it wasn't sign sealed and delivered (as it already was) 8 wks ago, and for similar reasons not announced before now after all the media focus (beat up stories to take the public focus off Eagles and turn toward expectation for Souths), anti tampering claims and "fit the cap" claims, most of which came from Souths who were never in the running (which they knew).

If the real story had unfolded, and he had signed through the first few days of July don't you think the public and media would have turned up the heat about what a joke this had all been, in the middle of a season, especially after the leak and focus. Now (given the ongoing beat up) the statements will be so easy and so believable - "it was so hard", "Storm have been so good to me", "they made a very competitive offer", "I only decided yesterday", blah blah blah, and most will now believe it all, of course they will, they've seen all this drag through the papers they now believe it was close, and he nearly stayed, etc etc etc . . . . . . . . . . . .

The Manager has earnt his cut with this one, he has played this out better than a soap opera.

yeah i heard all that sh*t weeks ago....it came as no surprise to me that orford left....i never thought he was ever going to stay.

ausraider said:

I think you're right. We got the sh*ts with Kimmorley over a similar issue, but at least it didn't take 2 years of f**king us around. Thank christ someone within the club realised he was going and signed that young half from the Roosters.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Orford is going for 4 years. I feel sorry for Mick Monaghan. He's been jerked around by his club. f**k I hate Manly, they're all scum.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The Informer said:

So tell me why would the storm and souths stay in this hypothetical debacle and not spend the $400K+ of their salary caps? So I would gather logically you would argue that they didn't know? I see no advantage to Manly in leaving this announcement 3 weeks passed the anti-tampering deadline. What advantage would their be to the player or player manager? A week after would be sufficient. Melbourne set a deadline on this contract for yesterday and it's believed the deal was agreed on yesterday. This conspiracy theory just doesn't sit with me.

It's been pretty clear that both Melbourne's Orford and Manly's Monaghan have both been off their games quite a bit of late. I wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan comes out next week and plays like a demon and Orford does the same this week.

The Informer

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
So tell me why would the storm and souths stay in this hypothetical debacle and not spend the $400K+ of their salary caps? So I would gather logically you would argue that they didn't know? I see no advantage to Manly in leaving this announcement 3 weeks passed the anti-tampering deadline. What advantage would their be to the player or player manager? A week after would be sufficient. Melbourne set a deadline on this contract for yesterday and it's believed the deal was agreed on yesterday. This conspiracy theory just doesn't sit with me.

It's been pretty clear that both Melbourne's Orford and Manly's Monaghan have both been off their games quite a bit of late. I wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan comes out next week and plays like a demon and Orford does the same this week.

Who dragged Souths into this ? Wasn't it a back page beat up suggesting Souths had millions to spend and naming a shopping list ? Melb knew many weeks ago that this was a near dead duck but hung in in hope, and tried to breathe some life back into it.

What advantage leaving it drag on for 3 wks. Plenty!! It took all the heat away. Ongoing stories and speculation of Souths and or Melb, for wks and wks has diluted to the general public the facts of anti tampering, and being exposed.

No conspiracy, the above are the well coordinated facts.

thickos

First Grade
Now that you can't 'park' your salary cap money, what's the next move for Souths and Melbourne? Contract upgrades?

With the money we have now, Kearns would go for one last hurrah with the Storm next year, Glen Turner would get an upgrade, and we'll probably go after one or two young props from the Devils and/or Bears.

aussies1st

Staff member
All the other nrl clubs better have thier players signed up by june 30th 2006 or else the storm will be coming

aussies1st

Staff member
Thunderstruck said:
when does the player market close, 1st day of the new season?

Interesting question we always hear about june 30th but never the close date, probably the 1st day of the new season

Latest posts