What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats this "breaking" news on hindmarsh?

Parra_Eels

Bench
just watching fnf and it says breaking news on the future of nathan hindmarsh.

uh oh - please be positive!

I was just about to ask the same thing.

You'd have to think it would be about him re-signing with Parra, as I doubt he'd say "I'm not re-signing with them" when he has a year to run on his contract.

I don't know what other "major announcement" it could be other than that.

After some further digging...

SMH: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/27/1093518092384.html

Hindmarsh, Cayless to stick with Eels

Injury-prone Eels skipper Nathan Cayless says he's ready to re-pay the NRL club for their loyalty by chiming into Parramatta's last gasp finals campaign after extending his contract for another three years.

And Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald said Nathan Hindmarsh was set to follow suit with the NSW Origin backrower close to signing a lengthy extension to his contract which ceases at the end of 2005.

Kiwi international prop Cayless, 26, said he was ready to make up for lost time with Parramatta after spending most of 2004 and 2003 on the injury list.

Both players will be 29 by the end of their new deals.

Cayless is poised to make his long-awaited return against Penrith at Parramatta Stadium after breaking his arm on May 1.

Cayless - who has played 115 games since his 1997 first grade debut - also broke his arm last season, restricting him to just eight matches.

"I've got a bit to put back into the place after the last couple of years - I'm looking forward to it," Cayless said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"I'm happy at Parramatta - they have looked after me."

Fitzgerald said negotiations with Hindmarsh were nearing a close.

"We have been talking with him for a month or so," he said.

Asked if he would like Hindmarsh to become a lifetime Eel, Fitzgerald said: "I certainly would."

The retention of Cayless and Hindmarsh is another boost for Parramatta which has bolstered its player ranks by signing Dragons hooker Mark Riddell, North Queensland Cowboys backrower Glenn Morrison and Newcastle star Timana Tahu for next year.

"A lot of the new guys have signed for three years. They wanted to keep a few players together, I was pretty happy to stay there," Cayless said.

Asked if he wanted to end his career at Parramatta, Cayless said: "I'd like to. It's a funny game these days, you don't know what is going to happen.

"I'm just happy to be there for another three years. It's been a good club to me."

Cayless will add some welcome starch off the bench for the Eels which has won two straight to remain a mathematical finals chance.

But Parramatta must win its final two games of the 2004 regular season to remain in the finals mix.

"I can't wait to get back on the field. I'm a bit nervous. I haven't played for four months. It's always like that when you are coming back for your first game," he said.

"It will be good to get out there, obviously not playing for so long I can ease my way back into it."

-----

Well, there you go. Good news for Eels fans who will be letting out a big sigh of relief.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hindmarsh is just an absolute class act. Definately my favourite non-tiger's player. I'm really glad parra re-signed him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
So am i, we'll have the best forward at our disposal for another 4 years, tremendous news and just shows Hindmarsh & Cayless for that matter are modern day loyal RL players, we ned more of them.

Did Channel nine have to pump it up like they did?

Dont get me wrong, its GREAT news. It would have been tragic if Parramatta lost him in a bidding war next season.

But, Nine said "Breaking News on Nathan Hindmarsh' Future" and played it up like it was some kind of shocking news!

I half expected to see a "Fox News Alert" thats J-Lo had once again got married!
:lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Priddo lately signed a 4 year deal with the Panthers to stay until the end of 2008, but you didn't see him break the news on Friday night footy...

BUT

...this is great news for the Eels. I honestly couldn't picture him at another club.

Well done. :clap:

I just thought it was a bit tacky.

It was a move that deserve more then Nine just looking to keep their ratings up untill halftime.

Forum Idiot

Bench
gregstar said:
Is he getting lipo-suction
youre a dickhead. hindy is one of the fittest players going around. he makes 50 tackles and 20 hit ups a game. go crawl back in your hole. idiot.

PantherCraig

Juniors
This was Sterlo's way of saying "If Gould can use this show as his own Rooster propaganda machine. Then I want the same for the Eels".

Next week it will be Matty Johns exclusive half time rap of letting everyone know that Andrew Johns is his brother and will remain a Knight for the rest of his career or until the ARU offer him a contract again.

Nine you're pathetic. Thankgod I have Foxtel from Uncle Rupert. :clap:

Latest posts