What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up with the Fish?

I agree that the Fish has been disappointing in his 2 games at fullback, but man it would be a challenge for any fullback to come in fresh from reserve grade and play good behind this team. The Warriors have been blown off the park the last two weeks and Fish's defense is the least of our problems. I think it is a lack of fitness more than anything, as you can see him out of breath after some plays, but most of the team look unfit. But he was still one of the only players in both games that looked threatening. If a few offloads were on a mark he would of probably had a few more tries.

Before Locke was out I wanted Fish at fullback, but now I can see Locke is the better option atm. Hope Fish really works on his defense/attitude/fitness and when he gets another chance, can show the fans why some people rate him so highly.

beefstew

Juniors
I agree that the Fish has been disappointing in his 2 games at fullback, but man it would be a challenge for any fullback to come in fresh from reserve grade and play good behind this team. The Warriors have been blown off the park the last two weeks and Fish's defense is the least of our problems. I think it is a lack of fitness more than anything, as you can see him out of breath after some plays, but most of the team look unfit. But he was still one of the only players in both games that looked threatening. If a few offloads were on a mark he would of probably had a few more tries.

Before Locke was out I wanted Fish at fullback, but now I can see Locke is the better option atm. Hope Fish really works on his defense/attitude/fitness and when he gets another chance, can show the fans why some people rate him so highly.

He plays exactly the same way in the Vulcans, so it has nothing to do with how bad the Warriors are...it's simple really,
Fish wont get out of second gear unless theres a try on offer, and he sure as hell wont put his body on the line.

He plays exactly the same way in the Vulcans, so it has nothing to do with how bad the Warriors are...it's simple really,
Fish wont get out of second gear unless theres a try on offer, and he sure as hell wont put his body on the line.

Well I have seen him at Vulcans games live bust his ass to saves tries but it seems this year he is just so unfit (might be the added bulk he put on in the offseason). But yeah I agree if he wants to play first grade at all, he is gunna have to put his body on the line and work hard on every play. I really hope he gets it sorted, as he is probably one of the most naturally gifted players in our squad, just needs decide if he wants to be first grader.

Skinner

Coach

I would suggest then that it is genetic......his uncles were a bit the same.
They had a ton of speed when they wanted it.

and with his six tries, people conveniently ignored the fact that they were playing a very poor Western Suburbs team that had more holes than swiss cheese.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I heard his great grandad wasn't very good postioning wise at the back, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Latest posts