What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Favourite Cop Show?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Mine is Heartbeat :D I love Vernon Scripps simply for the way he speaks. I also like Cold Case although it has nothing on Heartbeat. It all seems to be about listening to what people of interest have to say. There isn't any real forensics like on CSI, not that it should all be about that or I would simply watch CSI. Without a trace is another good one but haven't really watched much of it as there is only so much TV I can watch.

I used to like The Bill until it became too trashy with really silly plots like marrying a murderer. I kept going on the hope the Reg would be in the episode that night but he didn't appear often enough. Him and Tony are the two main characters that make the show good.

Cops is a great show but is on too late and it doesn't have much advertising to remind you :(

So what are your favourites?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Choppies said:
It was the Bill before it got trashy.
Yeah, but interested to know if you think it still has some good story lines? I think it does, but the other story lines spoil it. The whole love life of coppers in the one nick annoys me the most of all the current crap. At least it isn't as bad as that really crappy episode 5 -7 years ago when it was all set in a simple room and was sort of like a trial but more of an inquiry. Gee that was boring, yet I sat there and watch the whole thing. Another ordinary one was a reminiscing episode where several CID coppers told stories about past cases while they did an obo in a factory of some sort :lol:

Choppies

Coach
The only crime storyline is nearly always sexually oriented now. June having sex with Gabriel, serial rapist, a sexual offender kidnapping Nixons daughter, Gabriel raping Kerry etc etc etc. It is old and predictable.
I also don't like how they bring in one character more often than not a homo sexual one who servs the prupose of being gay, falls in love or has a marriage then leaves. They are having gay characters just to have gay characters. Alot of whom need not be gay. Gilmore was the only one I felt should have been gay as it was new and different but the rest are there for virtully no reason.

And yes the old CID episodes were boring as all hell but the old episodes featuring the releif were just gold. I have alot of them on tape and alot of episodes I get off UKTV and I watch them reguarly.

brendothejet

First Grade
Law & Order: Elevator Inspectors Unit

"heres the thing chief, the light for 3 don't work"

"some people make me sick..."

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
brendothejet said:
Law & Order: Elevator Inspectors Unit

"heres the thing chief, the light for 3 don't work"

"some people make me sick..."

Sounds like it comes from The Simpsons or Family Guy.

Choppies

Coach
Im sorry but the old bill was more realistic than overhyped American cop shows.
FMD they call for the swat team if they see someone littering.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was just kidding brendo!

About realism...I watch TV for drama. and "The Shield" was crude, raw and very confronting. It was compelling viewing.

Latest posts