What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your worst injury?

MC DUI

Juniors
Well mine are pretty insignificant compared to most here but anyways -

When I was around 10 I managed to run straight througn the glass door leading into the family room at my parents house smashing it and myself into tiny pieces, I think I needed around 30-40 stiches which isn't too bad.

Also when I was younger I decided it would be a good idea to cover the trampoline in a number of those child booster cushions, then climb onto the top of our cubby house and jump down onto the tramp, fair to say it didn't come off how I had planned and I managed to go flying backwards straight into the cubby house deck knocking myself out and smashing the back of my head up pretty good.

That's about it, I have broken my nose in a few karate tournaments but nothing else major since I was a kid.

Anonymous

Juniors
hmm,

My most embarrassing injury would be playing cricket, sliding my bat on a concrete pitch as I was sprinting to get in the crease. Unfortunately it was one of those crap pitches with a level difference between the bowlers crease and the wicket proper. My bat stuck into the side of the crease, it then drove directly into my....um groin, and I was sent over the stumps performing a full somersault and landed fair on my arse in front of the umpire. Now that is embarrassing enough I hear you think, but the real embarrassment comes when you are assisted from a 'cricket field' after nearly decapitating your testicles with an ice pack being held on the pubic area by a close, shall we say older female relative. I cam back later with a runner and took my anger out on the fielding side.

My worst injury without embarrassment is without doubt a double separation of the Quadriceps in both legs. Torn in two. If there is worse pain than that then I could not imagine it. I failed to warm up after a long stint out of 1st Grade Baseball with a shoulder injury, so I spent 2 hours warming up my shoulder ignoring the fact that I had sat on my arse for 12 months doing nothing. I took off for first base and made it half of the way before my legs ceased to be of any use. I remembered seeing Laurie Daley doing the same thing a few years ago at Bruce Stadium, I now know why he lost so much pace. Absolute bastard of an injury, especially in both legs.

-GS.

Latest posts