What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheelchair tackling

LESStar58

Referee
The real issue is yet to raise its head. Soon a Melbourne player will crush a vertebra in the neck of a ball carrier, that unfortunate player will spend time in a wheelchair , maybe the rest of his life. What they do in a tackle is initialy ok but the force applied by a secondary tackle is what will cause the injury. Another player will 'come in over the top' this will cause the commpression and crushing/fracturing. I wonder how they will feel knowing they put a player in a wheelchair? For quotes ask Dr Yeo , spinal unit Royal Horth Shore Hospital.

Hey dipsh*t... its an issue relevant to ALL teams and doesn't have solely to do with alleged grapple tackling. All it takes is a shoulder charge or too hard a tackle to seriously injure someone. Remember Nathan Cayless getting choppered off Brookvale Oval in 1998?

You're a terrible troll.

mave

Coach
lol...didnt expect people to take it seriously.

but whatever....f**k off if you dont it. :)

Ummm, I didn't mean it, Ummmm, I was just joking.

F*cking w*nker. I hope no-one has to have the unfortunate experience of ending up in a wheelchair.

Obviously you're not man enough to apologize. Soft co*k.

Micistm

Bench
Hey dipsh*t... its an issue relevant to ALL teams and doesn't have solely to do with alleged grapple tackling. All it takes is a shoulder charge or too hard a tackle to seriously injure someone. Remember Nathan Cayless getting choppered off Brookvale Oval in 1998?

You're a terrible troll.

Yes...there's a risk with all contact sport. The point is to minimise the risk as much as possible. The grapple tackle and contact to the head ban is one such way to minimise it. Thus- Cam is found guilty, and fair enough too.
Seriously though, your team is a classy side. You don't need to use these wrestling tactics employed!

"wheelchair comment guy"...quite while you're ahead. Nothing you can say will smooth over that appallingly sick comment. If that's your idea of humour...pop down to your local emergency dept and go nuts:(

LESStar58

Referee
you always hear stuff like this at games , like i remember when the tigers were in melbourne everyone was saying brake the other shoulder benji
it doesnt just happen with storm fans either

I call Michael Crocker "The Shoulder".... and not because he had a double reconstruction last year ;-)

Dan70

Juniors
Isn't it ironic that we have been accused of the grapple for 4 years now, and of all the countless players that have been injured in that time, not one was from a grapple? Now I'm all for rubbing it out of the game (for all teams), but do we have to put up with rubbish threads like this?

AILD

Bench
Ummm, I didn't mean it, Ummmm, I was just joking.

F*cking w*nker. I hope no-one has to have the unfortunate experience of ending up in a wheelchair.

Obviously you're not man enough to apologize. Soft co*k.

...well atleast your man enough for the both of us. talking tough on the net mate. AWESOME.

and leaguelover4, does your mother know you go around calling people scum and pigdogs? i know thats your pet name for her...but seriously no need to call me a pigdog.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Denis Bendall's injury was not the result of a football game. I know, I was there at a school camp and he was a teacher. He broke his neck from hitting rocks as he dived into a waterhole. I also remember going with mates to visit him at Royal North Shore Hospital. A tragic event as he was a talented first grader with the Tigers and a truly exceptional human being. Great news was he managed to survive the injury and through rehabilitation was walking again although somewhat limited... wow...that was 30 years ago!

t1tan

Juniors
yeah but atleast i support a half decent side.t1tan
So,the other half of your team are not decent?
Which ones,the ones that tackle illegally?
Still havent got the guts to apologize for your wheelchair comments,no suprise just like the storm.

Latest posts