What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are players added to the NZ tri nations squad??

Stagger eel

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
inu will be for the kiwi A team.

not surprising considering he was instrumental in the wing against the Aussie A's.

he should be ready to rip in, at the pl qualifying final in a couple of weeks.

xr62nv

Juniors
Parramatta Eels players Nathan Cayless and Krisnan Inu have been added New Zealand's train-on squad in preparation for next month's Tri-Nations tournament against Australia and England.

With the Eels being knocked out of the NRL finals by Melbourne on the weekend Kiwi's coach Brian McClennan added the pair to the squad along with Roosters players Setaimata Sa and Sam Perrett.

The squad now numbers 23 players with McClennan looking to make up two teams with the New Zealand A v Australia A match in Melbourne next month to go along with the Kiwis defence of the Tri-Nations.

More additions to the squad are expected to be announced as more teams are eliminated from the NRL finals.

Current New Zealand train-on squad
Eels: Nathan Cayless, Krisnan Inu (Eels), Patrick Ah Van, Louis Anderson, Nathan Fein, Epalahame Lauaki, Simon Mannering, Sam Rapira, Jerome Ropati, Evarn Tuimavave, Manu Vatuvei, Brent Webb, Ruben Wiki (Warriors), Dene Halatau, Paul Whatuira, Rangi Chase (Wests Tigers), Frank Pritchard, Tony Puletua (Panthers), Nigel Vagana (Sharks) Iosia Soliola, Setaimata Sa, Sam Perrett (Roosters), David Fa'alogo (Rabbitohs).

http://sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=88239

lucablight

First Grade
I'm surprised Fui isn't on there. He would be amongst the best players in the whole team let along amongst the best props.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
lucablight said:
I'm surprised Fui isn't on there. He would be amongst the best players in the whole team let along amongst the best props.

He might have been snubbed as he wasn't available in the past. Good one Dennis.:?

parra pete

Referee
Good. Call me selfish. The least number of Eels players involved in these exhibition games the better - as far as I am concerned.
Rep football.. is like Christmas...bah, humbug. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
lucablight said:
I think the Kiwis wait until the Wednesday to name additions to the swaud to allow them to clarify with clubs the injury status of players, save them naming guys that won't be available and then having to unname them.

A few tidbits around that Fui is injured and needs surgery, but was waiting to see if he'd be needed by Parra later in the finals before booking it in. That might explain his absence this time? Same would go for Jeremy Smith who had been talked about erlier in the year too.

Latest posts