What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When submitting a game plan......

rabs

Staff member
I have a Q?
Will a teams lineup always be the squad we name at seasons start in regards to positions especially left side, right side. Or can the coach mix it up for each game?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yep, change 'em around to suit your opposition.

Remember, the difference between treams is fine. It's how you match them up to your opponents that counts.

INterchange players last for 20 minutes.

rabs

Staff member
Misty Bee said:
Yep, change 'em around to suit your opposition.

Remember, the difference between treams is fine. It's how you match them up to your opponents that counts.

INterchange players last for 20 minutes.

ok no worries, but do we publicly name our team for each match so the other coach can plan accordingly?

bartman

Immortal
rabs said:
Or can the coach mix it up for each game?

Rabs, this is perhaps equally important as working out your instructions and interchanges! You can only guess at other teams strengths and weaknesses from looking at their squad, but only Misty will know exactly how they might have mixed the positions up. :?

But if you sometimes mix it up a bit (left-right, utility players), and plan to play to your strengths and negate your weaknesses, then you're in with as good a chance of outwitting the other coach as they might with you. 8)

rabs

Staff member
bartman this adds another variable to the mix, I thought it might have been too easy if you knew your opponents makeup game in game out (providing you have the firepower). I'm glad I have a reasonable bench, because it appears to be important

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, you never can tell and coaching styles can change from high risk to safety first depending on the situation. It's a lot of fun, even when you lose out and are left trying to work out how and why :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Cheers mate.

I'll take u on, I'll submit my game plan tomorrow mate, sorry about that. Cause I'm heading off now, and heading to a 21st later, so i'll do it tomorrow if thats cool.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Rabs, I have thought about posting teams, but 2 things stop me.

1) laziness

2) As teams are submitted WITH game plans, opponents wouldn't really get to see 'em anyway. If they did, the late submitter would be at a huge advantage. Besides, in the NRL, positions can change right upuntil kickoff.

You can tell pretty much the strengths and weaknesses of the oppositions squads anyway.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Big Mick said:
Cheers mate.

I'll take u on, I'll submit my game plan tomorrow mate, sorry about that. Cause I'm heading off now, and heading to a 21st later, so i'll do it tomorrow if thats cool.

No problem, I understand you want to have a good night, one without the knowledge of how your team got smashed by the Bulldogs...

rabs

Staff member
Misty Bee said:
Rabs, I have thought about posting teams, but 2 things stop me.

1) laziness

2) As teams are submitted WITH game plans, opponents wouldn't really get to see 'em anyway. If they did, the late submitter would be at a huge advantage. Besides, in the NRL, positions can change right upuntil kickoff.

You can tell pretty much the strengths and weaknesses of the oppositions squads anyway.

yep no worries

rabs

Staff member
another silly Question, if I state ATTACK RIGHT in my gameplan, am I using my right to attack their left or am I attacking their right with my left?

Latest posts