What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Tate Returns

Who will lose there spot in the side when Tate returns?

• Tame Tupou

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Darius Body

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Shaun Berrigan

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

salivor

First Grade
I'd say Shaun Berrigan and put him to the bench as an impact player if need be but I personally wouldn't like to see Tate forced on to the wing again after seeing his previous attempts to play in the position.

Mr Saab

Referee
Shaun Berrigan would be good off the bench as a dummyhalf replacement for Ennis. Shaun would be able to zip out of dummyhalf and make easy yards and split the defence.
Tate and Hodges have to be the Broncos centers.

broncoman

Juniors
Berrigan to lock i think, perhaps he needs to put a few kilo's on, but our best chance of winning games is to have Tate and Hodges in the centre's and im not sure how effective berro will be coming off the bench...

Big Pete

Referee
Berrigan to lock or Bench to come on as a hooker.

He's too one dimensional in attack now to be a centre.

Meanie

Juniors
It SHOULD be Berrigan to the bench, but it'll be Tate to the wing with one of Tupou or Boyd being dropped.

Smiley

Bench
Meanie said:
It SHOULD be Berrigan to the bench, but it'll be Tate to the wing with one of Tupou or Boyd being dropped.

If you put berrigan on the bench and tate on the wing and get rid tupou or boyd your still missing someone in the centres.

Meanie

Juniors
Yippee_Wippee said:
If you put berrigan on the bench and tate on the wing and get rid tupou or boyd your still missing someone in the centres.

Read again what I said.

Big Pete

Referee
He said it should be Berrigan on the bench and Tate in the Centres.

But reckons what will happen is Tate will take a wing spot.

salivor

First Grade
Berrigan is far too small to play at lock and we already have the likes of Carroll, Eastwood, McGuire and Costigan that can play the position.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Berrigan is far too small to play at lock and we already have the likes of Carroll, Eastwood, McGuire and Costigan that can play the position.

Not all locks are huge mate. Plus it gives us an extra ball-player in the pack.

Big Pete

Referee
I think he just plays like a lock IMO. I'd put him on the bench though and then try him at lock or hooker.

salivor

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Not all locks are huge mate. Plus it gives us an extra ball-player in the pack.

No of course not but even blokes like Anasta have 10kg and 10cm on Berrigan. I'd much prefer he takes McGuires spot as our utility on the bench. Also where would you play Carroll if you want to play Berrigan at lock?

broncoman

Juniors
Carroll could easily play in the second row, he basically does anyway...
he couldnt do worse than Carlaw...

Dazzat

First Grade
What's wrong with Tate on the wing. Look at players like Hopoate and Nathan Blacklock who where always in the top of the hit-ups for the clubs. Having Hodges and Tate working on the same side of the field would be awesome, and with Tate roving around even better.

Look at the tries Tate scored for Australia from the wing last year!!! Sensational. Basically, putting Tate on the wing doesn't mean he's going to handle the ball less. He and Hodges actually swapped around when they played on the same side last year and confused the heck out of the opposition.

broncoman

Juniors
its not that Tate cant play wing, its just that hes far more dangerous as a centre, if we are any chance of going somewhere in this years competition we need to play to our strengths and i cant see how having our best centre playing on the wing just to fit Berrigan into the side can help...

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
its not that Tate cant play wing, its just that hes far more dangerous as a centre, if we are any chance of going somewhere in this years competition we need to play to our strengths and i cant see how having our best centre playing on the wing just to fit Berrigan into the side can help...

Exactly and I seem to remember Tate been caught out in defense on the wing a few times! I'd rather Tate in the centres!