What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will people learn

bling_fc

Juniors
Estoboy said:
you lost me when you failed to mention Noyce and his almighty dream: "I want the Wests Tigers to be the Manchester United of the NRL"

'cause:
1. ManU doesn't have money issues
2. ManU doesn't have four grounds
3. ManU recruits quality

ManU also has better management
and for the record, i became a member of Balmain Football Club on my 18th birthday

Smart answer that one as of Sept 2007 Glazers debt was 660m quid

Mansh*t has debt issues and money issues hence why there buying this season was small compared to last season

Mansh*t doesn't have 4 grounds when did the west tigers have 4 thought it was 3 ?

Mansh*t does recruit quality cause that code has no salary cap

Your post = erroneous

super_coach

First Grade
Imagine being able to attrack a player to the club who was at the top of his game, rather than the player trying to turn back the clock or the player hoping to recover from an injury that has laid them low for a few season Or the "lucky star I been everywhere man" looking for the last chance to find a place to call home. Get a home ground or two at tops and this might be achievable

chunk

Juniors
madunit said:
But you see, it doesn't matter if a side has 60 billion or 1 million, the salary cap for all teams is the same, thus, money isn't an issue outside the salary cap in regards to the teams signings and performance.

So whats your point?

The current max you can spend on the Cap is something like 4.5M.

Do The Tigers spend that much, I'm not sure but I don't think so.

Do honestly think we can compete with likes of the Roosters, when it comes to plaer payments, no way.

And if it takes 12/13 Million to run a successful football club, take away the player payments, thats 8 Million thats goes elsewhere, where does that money go.

Some of those things would include caoches, facilities, payemts/incentives for Juniors, medical staff, hotels, money for a rainy day etc.

So I think its far too simplistic to suggest that money isn't an issue.

Why isn't Balmain around anymore..they could pay there players?

innsaneink

Referee
Put up the figures that show we have no money....or keep saying, "I'm not sure........ but I don't think so."
Sounds like a lot of guesswork to me.

chunk

Juniors
Ink you honestly think that we have as much cash as the Rossters, Dogs, Eels, Panthers, Dragons and all of the out of Sydney teams.

My point is I don't believe we do, hence the reason for our home ground situation and playing roster.

Its just part of going for the Tigers..we will never be flushed with cash.

innsaneink

Referee
The financials are never made public, so its all a bit of a guessing game.
The rumours relating to the Roosters and the cap are well know, but really, what do they have that we dont?
I know what they dont have that we do...a major sponsor.

chunk

Juniors
A large money making Leagues Club.

I just seems that West Tigers and Balmain and the Magpies have always struggled finacially and the common factor is the Leagues Club do not amke huge profits like the other Sydney Leagues Clubs.

Since 1990 Balmain have never been in the market for a top draw playing roster and that because of the minimal input from the Leagues club.

I know one thing for sure if Balmian Leagues Club was stronger, Balmian would be a stand alone entity today.

And so would Wests

gr8_1

Juniors
chunk said:
A large money making Leagues Club.

I just seems that West Tigers and Balmain and the Magpies have always struggled finacially and the common factor is the Leagues Club do not amke huge profits like the other Sydney Leagues Clubs.

Since 1990 Balmain have never been in the market for a top draw playing roster and that because of the minimal input from the Leagues club.

I know one thing for sure if Balmian Leagues Club was stronger, Balmian would be a stand alone entity today.

And so would Wests

Ashfield is one of the most profitable clubs in NSW I thought. They have consistently put in overs at the Magpies to keep them afloat.

alien

Referee
bling_fc said:
Smart answer that one as of Sept 2007 Glazers debt was 660m quid

Mansh*t has debt issues and money issues hence why there buying this season was small compared to last season

Mansh*t doesn't have 4 grounds when did the west tigers have 4 thought it was 3 ?

Mansh*t does recruit quality cause that code has no salary cap

Your post = erroneous

actually it is 4 home grounds for 2008....campbelltown, leichhardt, anz, scg

bling_fc

Juniors
alien said:
actually it is 4 home grounds for 2008....campbelltown, leichhardt, anz, scg

The SCG is only for this season due to the 100th blah blah

It's 3 get it in ya

alien

Referee
bling_fc said:
The SCG is only for this season due to the 100th blah blah

It's 3 get it in ya

I was right. Next year we have 4 home grounds once again.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Aren't you assuming that the club has been spending right up to the salary cap limit this season. I know in 2005 they were under the cap by $600,000. I think it would be naive to assume it is any different in 2006, 2007 or 2008.

Other clubs like the Roosters, Dragons, Eels are most definately spending up to the cap limit. Just look at the stars on their team. The Tigers I am not so sure about.

If they are not spending up to the cap limit then it can only be for 2 reasons.

1) They can't afford to.
2) The top 25's cumulative salaries are below the limit. Either because of savvy negotiating from Tigers officials to keep staff costs low or because the quality of some players on the roster means their market value requires them to play for bananas.

innsaneink

Referee
We had Noyce not long ago state were were at the cap limit.

Next years sponsorship is worth $3.5m, plus the grant all clubs get which I forget the amount but would be more than enough to make it up to the $4.2 ? m cap.

Estoboy said:
you lost me when you failed to mention Noyce and his almighty dream: "I want the Wests Tigers to be the Manchester United of the NRL"

'cause:
1. ManU doesn't have money issues
2. ManU doesn't have four grounds
3. ManU recruits quality

ManU also has better management
and for the record, i became a member of Balmain Football Club on my 18th birthday

I have a hunch Ronald and the brains trust will be lucky this year
*edit - keep it relevant*

innsaneink

Referee
themanonthehill said:
I have a hunch Ronald and the brains trust will be lucky this year
*edit - keep it relevant*

You may still make it....you didnt read the letter you got last week close enough, it states:

"The AGM for the 2007 year is likely to be held in early March."

I've got nothing from the Balmain football club as yet
Last year it was the Sunday before the season proper started from memory .. round 6th of March
Ronald, NOyce and the other protagonists of Incompetents Inc will likely be saved by the dates available for FF flights

innsaneink

Referee
themanonthehill said:
I've got nothing from the Balmain football club as yet
Last year it was the Sunday before the season proper started from memory .. round 6th of March
Ronald, NOyce and the other protagonists of Incompetents Inc will likely be saved by the dates available for FF flights

Aaah yeh I forgot, you probably wont get one this year.

super_coach

First Grade
Knowing the way our generals at camp Concord handle anything negative, I think the meeting will most certainly clash with MOTHS vacation

Latest posts