What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where abouts will the Gold Coast Titans finish next season?

Where will the Titans finish in 2007?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 37 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think they will come in around 6th
they have a pretty quality roster.... and have covered for some losses in some younger signings!
the talk about gelling. I would beleive it would be easier to gel a whole squad than just 3 or 4

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Between 9th and 12th for me
New players learning to gel together with a new coach.
Its like a team who was played together and some players know what each can do now players have to learn from everyone.
will be tough but have recruitted quite well

JJ

Immortal
if they finish 9-12 that would be a very good season - if they made the 8 they'd be ecstatic, and if they're bottom 4 they'd be a bit disappointed but realistically they know it will be tough

legend

Coach
Last. No forward depth and blokes like Kahler and Hodgson will add zero value to the Titans and will be released after one season.

Don't rate the halves either. Prince and Campbell are long past their best.

Master Vippo

Juniors
I'd say 7th-12th. I think they have a solid roster, who may take a while to find some combos, but will have emotions running high at the start of the season.

mxlegend99

Referee
legend said:
Last. No forward depth and blokes like Kahler and Hodgson will add zero value to the Titans and will be released after one season.

Don't rate the halves either. Prince and Campbell are long past their best.
Campbell had an exceptional second half of the season... and won the LU 5/8 of the year. :sarcasm: His defence is average while defending on the wing... but his attack is exceptional. He is also very passionate about playing for the team.

And Prince... i think he has a lot left in him also. Broncos thought he had nothing left and ditched him. He proved them wrong.

Not going to say that they're the best halves in the competition. They aren't. But they're both solid players and if you look at other teams combinations, you could hardly suggest this is the wooden spoon combination.

Afterall, there's always whoever pairs with Kimmorley ;)

jc155776

Coach
Horrible forward pack in reailty with no depth to cover the injury pronce and rep playing Bailey.

Bottom three.

Need about 3 years to get it together.

I hope some success for them. But its unrealistic.

Charlie124

First Grade
9th - 12th but will improve the following year, if i were them i wouldnt be dissapointed with finishing around 10th in their first year.

Bottom 4 for mine, they will ake a while to gel as a unit, and lots of the people they signed are little more than average first graders only the likes of Webster, Bailey, Prince and Carney set the world on fire

Molly

Juniors
Culturally, the Gold Coast is a holiday playground. The hardest thing for these players will be keeping their minds on the job, especially those moving to the GC for the first time.

My tip is bottom quarter, untried coach and new players...look for headlines early regarding players in strife over nightclub incidents etc. whilst "bonding"....

Cant see any more success for this regime than last time the GC had a prescence.

ByRd

First Grade
Well im guessing there likley line up will be, if all playrs commit and are there:

1. Turner
2. Carney
3. Webster
4. Delaney
5. Peterson/Mathers
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Stosic
11. Laffranchi
12. Myers
13. Swain

14. Minichello
15. Puletua
16. Hodgson
17. Henderson

18. Conn
19. O'Dwyer
20. Cooper
21. Hilder
22. Amos
23. Grahem
24. Paea
25. Myles

Is a decent squad but im not expecting much of them. The highest i can see them getting is 10th but i think that they will end up in 13-14th position, only time will tell.

9th to 12th I voted. If they stay injury free, I think they can definately press for a top 8 spot. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Latest posts