What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are our membership tally board?

Suitman

Post Whore
There is a lot to promote about the Eels for 2012. The secret will be to get as many on board as possible before the season starts. If we start losing, we won't get many after that. If we are winning, we could get a couple of thousand late comers.

Suity

It's a crying shame that a club like ours plays at the smallest ground in the NRL!

Technically Campbelltown is smaller, but they don't play many games there.

Where are the end grandstands we were promised?!?!?!? Darn stadium trust/ government!

Even at the smallest ground in the comp, we still managed to finish with 9th best crowds - not bad considering we were 14th.
whats the point of putting in more seats if there's nowhere for all these extra punters to park

oldmancraigy

Coach
whats the point of putting in more seats if there's nowhere for all these extra punters to park

We have MUCH more parking than WIN stadium down in Wollongong (amongst other grounds with 5000 higher capacity!) --> I've never had a problem finding parking in the surrounding streets within a 5 minute walk.

Parra Pride

Coach
If we want a bigger stadium we just have to wait until we win another comp, the precedent has already been set that we are allowed to burn the ground down when we win a comp.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have MUCH more parking than WIN stadium down in Wollongong (amongst other grounds with 5000 higher capacity!) --> I've never had a problem finding parking in the surrounding streets within a 5 minute walk.

I always parked on the eastern side of Church St. If you get in early enough you can find something between Church and Sorrell St, which isn't far to walk. And after the game you don't have to deal with the traffic chaos between O'Connell and Church.

Plus that little walk has a lot of atmosphere - reminds me of going to games as a young bloke and watching us get belted every week.

Eels Dude

Coach
No, no and no.

Isn't it great that we're smaller than all the 'boutique' grounds?

If we had the hills like we used to instead of seats we'd easily have a much greater capacity then Brookevale, Toyota Stadium and possibly Penrith too. That's the downside of having seats where other stadiums have hills. It reduces the capacity by a couple of thousand.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'd rather watch it on the Telly than from behind the goal posts anyway.

That's why the SFS is a great ground. Hardly any seats at the ends and big stands on the sides.

Parra Stadium stands are crapola.