What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the signings??

Gronk

Staff member
0005cb3a-4098-45a5-b7e8-ad6060c9cf15.jpg
Bevan French said he was honoured but also a little bit surprised to be the recipient of the Inverell Sports Council’s Annual Sports Award.
The Inverell High School student, who was recently selected in the Australian Indigenous team to tour France in November, received the prestigious award at the Inverell Business Awards at the RSM Club on Saturday night.
“I was grateful for it, (to win) a big award like that,” Bevan said.
“I get sports awards at school, but something for the whole town is pretty big,” he added.
Bevan said it was all a little bit unexpected, but when you look at his achievements, it’s not hard to see why he got the nod.
Most recently he was a member of the NSW CHS rugby union side, which has just returned from a 12-day tour of New Zealand.
Bevan said playing rugby in New Zealand was a very different experience.
“You could tell they were way more committed with their rugby… it’s a lot tougher than over here,” he said. “To switch from league to union I found over here wasn’t that hard, but against New Zealand, where they grow up rugby union is everything.”
Bevan’s strong performance on the New Zealand tour also ensured he has another one to look forward to.
“We won four games over there, so that was pretty good and then when I got back I was selected in the Australian Indigenous team to tour France in November.”
At this stage he is pretty sure he will be able to make the trip and the opportunity to represent his country is something he is very grateful for.
“I can’t wait,” he said. “From what I’ve seen on TV the French are pretty big, so I’m expecting the same sort of thing to when I toured New Zealand,” he added.
While Bevan is now making a name for himself in rugby union, he’s no slouch in the 13-man code either.
“I’ve been playing league since I was five-years-old and following it since I was young and union has only come into it recently.”
Bevan plays league at club level for the Tingha Tigers and was recently named in the Greater Northern Tigers under 18s squad after impressing at selection trials in Tamworth.
At school level he was also named in the open’s team for the Greater Western zone after trials in Coonabarabran last week.
Although he wants to keep playing both for as long as possible, Bevan admitted he would choose league and he might not have to wait too long for it to happen.
Finishing school remains a priority, but Bevan has already attracted interest from a number of NRL clubs.
“I’m in contact with the Melbourne Storm, the Knights offered me a contract (on Wednesday) and the Titans have been in contact with us as well.
“After the trials for Greater Western Benny Barba’s manager came and talked to me about clubs ringing him up wanting to talk to me as well.”
Bevan is currently managed by Dave Koch from Holy Trinity and he said he hopes to chase his NRL dream when he finishes school.
Playing in the NRL is something Bevan has wanted to do since he was a little kid and there’s an obvious choice of club if he gets the opportunity.
“The Titans definitely.
See your ad here

“I follow them and my cousin Preston Campbell played there.
“First of all I want to get a start in first grade one day, but definitely to play for my country at the top level.”
Naturally he would also like to fulfil every players of dream of playing State of Origin and fortunately, unlike some others who’ve come through the ranks, he definitely wants to play for New South Wales.
http://www.inverelltimes.com.au/story/1508313/bevan-named-sportsman-of-the-year/

Stagger eel

Staff member
Was told that this kid better than baba at the same age... Wonderful signing!! Heard it was between us and Melbourne and we got 1 up on them.

parra pete

Referee
If he is a cuz of Preston's that make him a cuz of Nathan Blacklock, who apart from being a good footballer..is also a champion bloke...Nathan will be a good influence and mentor for this young bloke, and help him settle into the "City way of life". I hope he does well. Good luck..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If he is a cuz of Preston's that make him a cuz of Nathan Blacklock, who apart from being a good footballer..is also a champion bloke...Nathan will be a good influence and mentor for this young bloke, and help him settle into the "City way of life". I hope he does well. Good luck..
It was a joke he never played for NSW, Blacklock that is. Him and Presto are two of my non parra favourites of all time.

Eels Dude

Coach

Just because you are a cousin of one person doesn't mean you're a cousin of all that person's cousins.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just because you are a cousin of one person doesn't mean you're a cousin of all that person's cousins.

They have a different family structure in Aboriginal culture. Their definition of 'cousin' is not the same as what you are most likely used to.

Latest posts