What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are we going wrong???

Asedenburns

Juniors
This isnt an attack on the team, this is a serious question, I dont get to watch many games as I dont have foxtel, and their are too many drunken louts at my local to try and watch it there, so all I really get to see are ch9 biased highlighs.
So I'm asking you where are we going wrong. Yes we missed a few players but most teams miss players and dont turn into a rabble.
From what I can gather the bulk of our squad especially the forwards are not firstgrade standard; we have no urgency in defence and no communication in attack as several passes go nowhere, is it lack of confidence in the outside man? some days it looks like park footy out there with the fundamental mistakes we are making, why?
How many times do the boys get in each others way out there? Shouldnt the coach be picking this up and talking to them? In the past 2 years since Murray left the guys have gone from a smooth attacking unit to a mess, Is Henry to blame?? Ok no Bowen but we cant rest our entire attack on him.
So what do we need, drop most of the squad at the end of the year and invest in youth, sack the coach? hire more assistants especially a defencive coach?
Would really like to hear from people who have seen them live just to understand what the heck went wrong.
Thanks

elyod138

Bench
The attitude of the team has been getting worse since the end of the 2004 season, the rock bottom was 2008, we have improved slightly since then.

The players are capable of winning and the structures are there for them to win the games; they aren't putting in the effort consistently.

Something needs to change, I think it may need to be higher up than the coach.

Last edited:

Asedenburns

Juniors
How do we fix attitude, is there a lack of respect for the coach? Player power outsed murray do some of the boys feel they a bigger than the coach/team.
Is Parr to blame for this and should he fall on his sword?

elyod138

Bench
We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes so we can only speculate, but I have seen this poor attitude before Henry signed.

It was there under Murray and slowly getting worse every year since '05, I don't think it's completely the coaches fault, sacking the coach again will just be a band aid solution and it could make things even worse.

I don't think anything should happen until later in the year, if there is to be a clean out, this season isn't gone yet.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
they shouldnt need to.

the players need to want to play for themselves and each other, if we need to call someone in to speak to the team in round 7 of the season we're in some real f**king trouble.

StinkyPete

Juniors
yeah I know they shouldn't Charlie but it's obvious that only a handful of players are giving it their all.

Asedenburns

Juniors
So its not the coach and it's not the players (most) its attitude. so why, is there jealousy or is there a managment problem, is there a lack of respect?
I know i'm repeating myself, and whatever we post is speculation it's just frustrating to see a team play as if they dont want to be there.
I can understand losing if we are totally outclassed but when players are out there and not willing to play then there has to be a reason

BDR

First Grade
We need a clean-up through the front office in my opinion. Parr does nothing but harm to our club, and Henry refuses to rightfully demote aging players like Southern and Webb to put in some young talent.

We have had an unhealthy culture ever since JT's rise. I know they have been our most successful years, but you can't pin a club's hopes on one player's back. Young players are thrown into first grade and dropped before they have a proper chance to prove themselves, and we leak talent down south because they can't get a game over more established, but sometimes WORSE players.

I really think it comes down to a lack of patience in the right areas, and too much in the wrong areas. Henry won't last the season at this rate IMO.

Charlie124

First Grade
We need a clean-up through the front office in my opinion. Parr does nothing but harm to our club, and Henry refuses to rightfully demote aging players like Southern and Webb to put in some young talent.

We have had an unhealthy culture ever since JT's rise. I know they have been our most successful years, but you can't pin a club's hopes on one player's back. Young players are thrown into first grade and dropped before they have a proper chance to prove themselves, and we leak talent down south because they can't get a game over more established, but sometimes WORSE players.

I really think it comes down to a lack of patience in the right areas, and too much in the wrong areas. Henry won't last the season at this rate IMO.

Henry dropped those players and more. Fat lot of good it did us. The sooner some fans on this forum realise that chopping and changing the lineup every time we lose a game is doing far more damage to us than giving players time to get their form back the better.

BDR

First Grade
Henry dropped those players and more. Fat lot of good it did us. The sooner some fans on this forum realise that chopping and changing the lineup every time we lose a game is doing far more damage to us than giving players time to get their form back the better.

This is precisely what I am saying. Putting in players like Ah Mau for one game and Tupou for 3 does us no good whatsoever. If Henry expects us to build a solid team he needs to stop being so reactive, if he feels like a youngster has earned a place in the team then dropping him the week after (especially if the young player hasn't done anything too wrong) causes nothing but turmoil.

elyod138

Bench
Tupou got 3 weeks and showed that he isn't good enough yet.

He would have been told a few things to work on to force his way back into the side.

IMO you can't keep a kid in there if he keeps getting targeted and exposed every week.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
I agree that chopping and changing the team isnt good for cohesion, but this is the same team that was being run out last, and we finished exactly were we are on the ladder now. Something is going wrong, i dont know if is personnel, coach, or even that our club just isnt good enough to compete with others.

Asedenburns

Juniors
Just a thought people are saying (and rightly so) that Kafusi for example has had two offseasons and still produces nothing on the field so we dropped him. Henry has had 2 offseasons at the helm is an experienced coach, served his apprenticeship under Murray and the boys are playing worse. yes maybe they are not the best out there but if after 1 and1/2 years the boys still dont know where to stand in attack still cant catch a pass maybe the coach needs to go, maybe its an excuse to keep saying we are missing Bowen etc one thing aside we definatly need more speed in backs.
just a thought.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
my word we need speed in the backs. Bani, Williams, Graham they are slower than carl webb. Nobody can tackle in that backline as it is, may as well just put some super speedy blokes out there.

beave

Coach
Just a thought people are saying (and rightly so) that Kafusi for example has had two offseasons and still produces nothing on the field so we dropped him. Henry has had 2 offseasons at the helm is an experienced coach, served his apprenticeship under Murray and the boys are playing worse. yes maybe they are not the best out there but if after 1 and1/2 years the boys still dont know where to stand in attack still cant catch a pass maybe the coach needs to go, maybe its an excuse to keep saying we are missing Bowen etc one thing aside we definatly need more speed in backs.
just a thought.

we signed Henry for 5 years................. we cut him now we owe big coin to the man to pay out his contract, why the f#$k would you sign a coach to a 5 year deal is beyond me. I liked Henry, I thought he was the reason for our success in 04-05, along with Muzz's old school-ness (you know what I mean). When we signed him I was rapt big time, I thought it was a masterstroke, at the moment, I think we f**ked up not getting Bennett.

If Henry is the coach next year and we are going the same, he has to go. Last years excuses of 'I didn't have a say in the players who are here' were valid, this year they have a lot less weight though. Next year, no excuses. He will have had 3 offseason to prepare this team with not only tactics and attitude but also with the playing roster.

Asedenburns

Juniors
So who do we go for coach wise, do we entice an English coach over, vie for Nathan Brown, or try a qld cup coach. No offence to Henry I think he is a better ASSISTANT coach than head coach.
Maybe the backline needs to be scrapped, with Thompson's and Jt's quick hands a faster back would be able to finish off what they start but our backs seem at least 1/2 pace behind them.
And Beave I'd gladly throw in a few coins if it meant getting rid of Henry, maybe we can pass a hat around,:) as Ive said all along, skillwise we are getting worse, almost like we are practicing playing bad the bum passes dropped ball etc

Latest posts