What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did we go wrong

Xplozive

Juniors
Lets all be honest here we played terrible last night, in saying that souths played quite good.

I think a few points in the game changed it.

When minichiello was taken in goal and gi scored the set after. When hargreaves gave away a stupid penatly, putting his leg up into (luke i think) during play the ball. Maybe even taking the two points early on in the 2nd half, could have possibly turned it into 6 as we looked like we were starting to get some rythym in attack.

Also napa has to be dropped, the kid has potential but he drops the ball too much and gives away some stupid penalties...

Oh an all the stupid penalties and handling errors we made. Anyone else have some input

rabbitohs95

Bench
Although i agree the Roosters didn't play well, you have to realise Souths were hungry as ever. After dropping out of the Prelims for the second year in the row, everyone doubted their ability to play in big games. So what happens in the first blockbuster they play in the year? They went rampant and played like the team they can be and defeated the reigning premiers.

Roosters will bounce back, no need to go into meltdown mode.

Good question.

The answer is pretty simple. Your blokes turned up believing they are the best thing ever to grace rugby league. They will be better for the loss.

boonboon

Juniors
As a supporter of neither team - I think the Roosters will get a lot better. They had a disrupted pre-season with the WCC and lots of players in the world cup. I think the Roosters wern't as up for this due to the coach bringing them into the season to warm into it as opposed the Rabbits who I think that was the best they could be.

I still think the Roosters will finish the year better then Souths assuming injuries are about even to both teams. Souths outside backs (exc GI) are fairly average, thier bench is weak and thier team is really dominated by the Burgess Boys and GI - Without any of them they won't be able to win big games

Big man

Juniors
As a supporter of neither team - I think the Roosters will get a lot better. They had a disrupted pre-season with the WCC and lots of players in the world cup. I think the Roosters wern't as up for this due to the coach bringing them into the season to warm into it as opposed the Rabbits who I think that was the best they could be.

I still think the Roosters will finish the year better then Souths assuming injuries are about even to both teams. Souths outside backs (exc GI) are fairly average, thier bench is weak and thier team is really dominated by the Burgess Boys and GI - Without any of them they won't be able to win big games

Are you sure your user name is not baboon lol. If our bench is weak lol well what about the Roosters bench. They don't have any recognised props other than JWH and Moa. They will get owned by the top packs this season. As for our backs, with the addition of Fergo in one months time and the return of Keary after that, we will be in the top three backlines. Bye bye Roosters supporter.

RichieB

Juniors

I don't agree about the disruption aspect in fact I feel they should have been more 'match fit' than souffs as they at least had a competitive match under their belt. I watched Manly & Storm play last night and they were their usual selves in fast plays and spread the ball nicely. Roosters seem to be caught up with playing down the middle and thats it...boring I thought. I agree as a fan that they will get better as long as they are able to adapt to all situations and not stick with the same play even when it's not working.

RichieB

Juniors
Are you sure your user name is not baboon lol. If our bench is weak lol well what about the Roosters bench. They don't have any recognised props other than JWH and Moa. They will get owned by the top packs this season. As for our backs, with the addition of Fergo in one months time and the return of Keary after that, we will be in the top three backlines. Bye bye Roosters supporter.

Hey big fat arse...Did you guys celebrate your March premiership in Redfern as usual...Didn't see anything on the news unlike when the Roosters won last October, it was one great party at Bondi. If your an old fart then you might recall last time your sorry lot ever won anything of value. You guys haven't even won an amco cup and all you got to go by is what happened in the dark ages. Oh sorry of course you are the perennial holders of the Ron Coote cup and that other charity thing. Since your playing manly next, you guys might invent another cup you can go for and call it Ray Brannighan cup. That's all your team is good for. 43 years 43 years 43 years!!!!!

Big man

Juniors
Hey big fat arse...Did you guys celebrate your March premiership in Redfern as usual...Didn't see anything on the news unlike when the Roosters won last October, it was one great party at Bondi. If your an old fart then you might recall last time your sorry lot ever won anything of value. You guys haven't even won an amco cup and all you got to go by is what happened in the dark ages. Oh sorry of course you are the perennial holders of the Ron Coote cup and that other charity thing. Since your playing manly next, you guys might invent another cup you can go for and call it Ray Brannighan cup. That's all your team is good for. 43 years 43 years 43 years!!!!!

Oh Sorrry, did I hear a big thud or was that your club crashing to the ground. Wake up Nancy, it's 2014 and I predict pain for you and your cheque book mercenaries of a club. Unfortunately your coach who enjoyed the benefits of a big fat cheque book to help him win a title will now have to coach his team and come up with an actual game plan lol. The new rules have him bamboozled, he is like a deer in a spot light.

Chook

First Grade
Oh Sorrry, did I hear a big thud or was that your club crashing to the ground. Wake up Nancy, it's 2014 and I predict pain for you and your cheque book mercenaries of a club. Unfortunately your coach who enjoyed the benefits of a big fat cheque book to help him win a title will now have to coach his team and come up with an actual game plan lol. The new rules have him bamboozled, he is like a deer in a spot light.

You inbred lol @ souffs peanuts said exactly the same thing last year after round 1.

It's lol @ souffs year.
SBW is hopeless.
Can't buy a premiership.
It's a new year.

Get ready to enjoy another 43 years of lol @ souffs failure.

Chook.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors

Big Man get of the couch your team won't win the comp in 2014. After Origin it will be the same decline in form of key players and another year of what if's for the Vermin of Redfern and Vermin Feral Supporters. Groper Fergo wont be registered by the NRL a certain criminal record matter will preclude this occuring.

RichieB

Juniors

Bwahahahahhaha!!! Pain is not having the taste of Premiership victory in recent memory. Your club may as well merge with Cronulla then you both might break a duck.

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
I was banned from the Souffs forum in here. How come these clowns can come in our forum?

BTW Napa has been dropped so the thread starter will be happy about that at least.

Chook

First Grade
Be good to see Kane Evans get a run.

Did Napa get dropped for any particular reason or just poor form. He seemed well off his game in round one.

Chook.

saint.nick

Coach
tumbleweed.jpg

Latest posts