What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you see us in 5 years

Illusion

Bench
I wish I could offer some hope. I don't often write on here because I am 76 years old and I went from 10 years old to 20, without knowing what it was like to lose. Now I have gone from 66 to 76 without knowing what it is like to win. Since 2012 to 2021 our average finish has been 11th, with a 7th an 8th and 2 9ths our top finishes.
The problem that I see is a dysfunctional board. How can you have a president from one side in charge for 3 years be replaced by another from the other side for the next 3. This is not the function of a united board....this is lunacy. In this time we have recruited app over 60 players, with, in my opinion, only Ah Mau,Frizell, Dugan, Widdop, Thompson, Sims, McInnes, Graham, and Hunt, adding any benefit to our roster. My biggest gripe though, is losing Demetriou in favour of McGregor. I hear that Griffin had a lot to do with Penrith pathways. I hope so ....in 2012 they finished 15th...let there be light.
👏👏 Well and truly said , I for one are seeing the same as you , how can they have a split Board its like one side trying to bring down the other ...... Until they stop taking turns and someone from outside this lot takes control we will continue to spiral ...... I hope you will continue to write on here and shed some light .......

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I wish I could offer some hope. I don't often write on here because I am 76 years old and I went from 10 years old to 20, without knowing what it was like to lose. Now I have gone from 66 to 76 without knowing what it is like to win. Since 2012 to 2021 our average finish has been 11th, with a 7th an 8th and 2 9ths our top finishes.
The problem that I see is a dysfunctional board. How can you have a president from one side in charge for 3 years be replaced by another from the other side for the next 3. This is not the function of a united board....this is lunacy. In this time we have recruited app over 60 players, with, in my opinion, only Ah Mau,Frizell, Dugan, Widdop, Thompson, Sims, McInnes, Graham, and Hunt, adding any benefit to our roster. My biggest gripe though, is losing Demetriou in favour of McGregor. I hear that Griffin had a lot to do with Penrith pathways. I hope so ....in 2012 they finished 15th...let there be light.
Great post

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Remember when fans on here questioned the signing of Woods and heaps of people said we were being too negative?
At the time. With all these deadshit signings like Sharon, George and McCullough, I thought…. These signings appear to be pretty bad….but Hook must know what he’s doing. After all. He’s a first grade experienced coach. I’m still hoping this was a ploy to go after top players who are still under contract, and Hook signed these lumps until these gun players were available.

SBD82

Coach
At the time. With all these deadshit signings like Sharon, George and McCullough, I thought…. These signings appear to be pretty bad….but Hook must know what he’s doing. After all. He’s a first grade experienced coach. I’m still hoping this was a ploy to go after top players who are still under contract, and Hook signed these lumps until these gun players were available.
Me waiting for Hook to bring on the youngsters:

F84231D9-6F28-43B5-BE46-08D39A0B2130.gif

Illusion

Bench
So going into the third year with Hook and Co , I don't see any light at the end of the black hole the club is in ..... So unless Hook turns it all around next year , which I cant see where , its coming from , we would have wasted another 3 to 4 years ......

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately the Dragons are stuck in a black hole and to me I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel . They possess a board that simply does not understand that the fans would like success , not every season but occasionally.

To make the semis and to have truly earned a place - not just merely sneak in , but having fought our way there would be a shot in the arm , it would give the players some respect and we the long suffering fans hope for the future .

As the dysfunctional Dragon board is at present , we will continue to wallow in the mire of the bottom end of the competition ladder .

Dragon David

First Grade
So going into the third year with Hook and Co , I don't see any light at the end of the black hole the club is in ..... So unless Hook turns it all around next year , which I cant see where , its coming from , we would have wasted another 3 to 4 years ......
I would now like to see how we end up at the end of this year (2022) and who will be our coaches (head and assistants) going forward to make any forecast for the next 5 years.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes David agree but as we are right now if nothing changes , this year and don't see much change next year , will Hook stay on or do we start all over again .....
If nothing changes and Hook is with us all of next year, we will end up maybe in 9th spot in 2023 as I see the "new" assistants, whoever they turn out to be, will be more help to him not like Gentle and Head. Will that mean Hook gets renewed, heaven forbid NO! So in 2024, we should have a new head coach who will demand success from the get go and unfortunately for the new assistants helping Hook out next year, they will go because the new head coach for 2024 will want his own assistants that he knows will do the job for him and the team makes the top 6. Boy, this goes on forever. Then in 2025, we make the semis just to miss out in getting to the grand final but in 2026, we make the grand final but don't win it. Now the suspense starts for the final 5th year of this thread. In 2027, we make the grand final again and..... and....???

dannyt

Coach
If nothing changes and Hook is with us all of next year, we will end up maybe in 9th spot in 2023 as I see the "new" assistants, whoever they turn out to be, will be more help to him not like Gentle and Head. Will that mean Hook gets renewed, heaven forbid NO! So in 2024, we should have a new head coach who will demand success from the get go and unfortunately for the new assistants helping Hook out next year, they will go because the new head coach for 2024 will want his own assistants that he knows will do the job for him and the team makes the top 6. Boy, this goes on forever. Then in 2025, we make the semis just to miss out in getting to the grand final but in 2026, we make the grand final but don't win it. Now the suspense starts for the final 5th year of this thread. In 2027, we make the grand final again and..... and....???
...we win the grand final after a controversial try, which is later shown to be on the seventh tackle, with an obstruction, and a final forward pass. Missed by Sutton, who is the onfield ref, and the other Sutton, who is officiating in the bunker.