What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you see us in 5 years

merahputih

Juniors
Still chasing rumors and mirages: Ciraldo is coming, Bennett given leave pass from aged care home to coach Dragons, Centre of Excellence to be completed "this century," Craig Fitzgibbon says "no" again, ditto Ivan Cleary, Craig Bellamy, Ricky Stuart and anyone else who has ever coached first grade, newly appointed CEO Paul Mcgregor says first round loss to new team PNG Headhunters was a "one off and our 20 year Plan is on track".

Dragon David

First Grade

justadragon

Bench
I'm just wondering if our C of E is under construction? Have funds been allocated?

Looks like the Parramatta mob are going to have a world class rugby league precinct built out at Kellyville way.

I think Dave with the current state of affairs in NSW, the states huge deficit and the on going pay disputes in industry along with the NRL, it's going to take a lot of hard work to be done by our BOD to come up with partial funding , sponsors and a damn good business model to get it totally over the line. It was something that as far as my knowledge goes we had some funding approval but the club had to do a lot of hard yakka. It may even be in the too hard basket for the moment.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think Dave with the current state of affairs in NSW, the states huge deficit and the on going pay disputes in industry along with the NRL, it's going to take a lot of hard work to be done by our BOD to come up with partial funding , sponsors and a damn good business model to get it totally over the line. It was something that as far as my knowledge goes we had some funding approval but the club had to do a lot of hard yakka. It may even be in the too hard basket for the moment.
So from the lack of communication and media information coming out of the Dragons, this "dream" of having the Centre of Excellence for the Dragons to be more or less equal with the other joint venture club to improve pathways and development of rugby league in the Wollongong region seems to be far into the distance. How can the club attract better players when we don't have anything that shows that we are a worthy club to come to - two grounds, lots of distance in between and several other shortcomings etc?

Our problems just do not seem to be solved on and off the field in so many ways. The running of the club is diabolical and nonsensical. Surely the members of the Gordon family have a few million that they can put into this C of E?

justadragon

Bench
So from the lack of communication and media information coming out of the Dragons, this "dream" of having the Centre of Excellence for the Dragons to be more or less equal with the other joint venture club to improve pathways and development of rugby league in the Wollongong region seems to be far into the distance. How can the club attract better players when we don't have anything that shows that we are a worthy club to come to - two grounds, lots of distance in between and several other shortcomings etc?

Our problems just do not seem to be solved on and off the field in so many ways. The running of the club is diabolical and nonsensical. Surely the members of the Gordon family have a few million that they can put into this C of E?
If the Gordon's considered the Dragons club anything more than a tax write off I would be very surprised. Even though I read in other threads that the club is actually making money, so I'm not sure how its all sitting. Maybe Ben Creagh with his business degree can come up with a magical plan to evolve the dragons to a futuristic club, then again we could also win the premiership next year :))

True_Believer

Juniors
I'm just wondering if our C of E is under construction? Have funds been allocated?

Looks like the Parramatta mob are going to have a world class rugby league precinct built out at Kellyville way.

Do you guys not get Red V emails?

"The Community and High Performance Centre project continues to progress with building design, funding, and lease agreements all being worked through."

blacksafake

First Grade

Someone posted the Red V letter from Webb in a post( can’t remember where)somewhere yesterday from Webb with an update on matters & the progress COE was mentioned.

thebigredv

First Grade
After 234 days of consecutive rain, captain Aaron Woods celebrates his 500th NRL game captaining the mighty St George Perth Dragons to 10th place. Missing 4 players to Covid 25 astro strain, and having to walk to the ground due to the ongoing petrol crisis, the Dragons lost on the buzzer due to a baffling error by 600 game veteran Andrew McCulloch. The paltry crowd celebrating first weekend of freedom after lockdown #345 due to high levels of radiation from the European nuclear cloud were buoyed by the arrival of Prime Minister Kyle Sandilands in a rare public appearance. Only bright spot for the Dragons was a spirited 5 minute spell from Jayden Sullivan from the bench.
Post of the year!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the Saints play their cards right I am hoping in 5 years they are in a similar position as Penrith with a spine of Sloan, Amone, Sullivan and a gun hooker (maybe the Melb dude they bought) steering the ship on the back of 2 GF wins. They have a potential of a great spine just need to build around the spine with some good tactical coaching ala Robbo style.

Latest posts