What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where do you stand on the joint venture?

what are your thoughts on our joint venture team?

• [b]st george dragons[/b] would be better off alone & back at kograh

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • [b]the steelers[/b] were taken over & get nothing from the venture

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • i support the [b]st george illawarra dragons[/b] joint venture

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • [b]i don't care[/b] about who's right or wrong, just so long as i have a red & white team

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
every year a few theads creep in which start the old debate about if we are a joint venture, if the saints would be better off without illawarra, if it was a jv or a takeover etc etc...

and each of these threads starts a slanging match between fans.. (which i think is pretty sad..) and usually the most vocal members say their peice - and i imagine there are plenty of you out there who would like to voice your opinion but don't want to get into an argument..

so.. what better way to gauge opinion on this board than with an anonymous poll.. you can say your thoughts without gettting shot down..

please don't let this thread turn into another slanging match.. just remember, be they dragons fans since before the venture, ex-steelers fans or st george illawarra fans, we all support the same team.......

Godz Illa

Coach
An anonymous poll means you'll have douchebags from other clubs forums voting. And you're still liable to get the slanging match you claim to not want. Pointless

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Dragons supporter before the merge however i am behind the joint venture 100%.

Thinks all this in fighting amongst fans is ridiculous and the last thing the club needs when trying to push for the clubs first premiership in the next few seasons.

big pat

Coach
as far as i'm concerned we are all st george illawarra dragon supporters, as until someone tells us otherwise. love the red 'v'.

Can't say I was happy in the beginning (who was?) but honestly I have not thought about it in years. For me we are St George Illawarra Dragons supporters the lot of us. Chant Dragons, chant Saints, chant Wendell! whatever we all want to see the team win (I think)

stg666

Juniors
i am the same as all above. saint george supporter since birth ['56] saint george illawarra supporter since merger and will still be when we become the southern dragons or whatever when we take back cronulla when they fold.

there are players who read these forums. This is a great morale building thread aint it. :roll:

Don't see many people bagging the club or the players in this thread. Mostly the poll seems to be in favour of the joint venture. Either way, I have to believe that the players were already aware that not all fans like the merger that took place before they read this forum.

stg666

Juniors
take a BEX, have a good lie down saintania and enjoy the season. lol.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
every year a few theads creep in which start the old debate about if we are a joint venture
Such as this thread.

With respect I'll opt out of voting, for the reasons that Godz mentioned.

Btw, there's two As in Kogarah.

Gaba

First Grade
Dragons supporter before the merge however i am behind the joint venture 100%.

Thinks all this in fighting amongst fans is ridiculous and the last thing the club needs when trying to push for the clubs first premiership in the next few seasons.

Me too was a dragons supporter before the joint venture and 100% behind it

And agree about the fans too , dont know why there is in fighting

DragonLady

Juniors
Been a Dragons fan over 45 years and I'm totally behind the joint venture 110%.

Also enjoy going to both Wollongong and Kogarah (easy for me living and working in the Campbelltown area).

Anyone wearing the Red and White will aways get my support.

PS Had no option, Born Year of the Dragon

Last edited:

The Preacher

First Grade
I support St.George/Illawarra Dragons, but I know it was no merger, it was a takeover. We've got the $$$$$ and they have the players. Players want $$$$ and can't get it from Illawarra, so we provided a solution.
Bobby Millward is a top bloke that I've known for many years and he would love nothing more than have a stand alone Illawarra team, but it is just not possible in todays climate.
I know Saints have been getting Illawarra juniors for years, but we're not the only side in Sydney to benefit from Illawarra. Wombat, Fulton and many others came from the area and never played for Saints or Illawarra, they're just a great breeding ground for rugby league in general.
I'll always follow the Red V no matter what they add to their name. It's more than just a name, to me, it's a way of life.

Acka

Coach
I support St.George/Illawarra Dragons, but I know it was no merger, it was a takeover. We've got the $$$$$ and they have the players. Players want $$$$ and can't get it from Illawarra, so we provided a solution.
Bobby Millward is a top bloke that I've known for many years and he would love nothing more than have a stand alone Illawarra team, but it is just not possible in todays climate.
I know Saints have been getting Illawarra juniors for years, but we're not the only side in Sydney to benefit from Illawarra. Wombat, Fulton and many others came from the area and never played for Saints or Illawarra, they're just a great breeding ground for rugby league in general.
I'll always follow the Red V no matter what they add to their name. It's more than just a name, to me, it's a way of life.

I though Wombat (Graeme Eadie) came from the Central Coast

j0nesy

Bench
I was a Wollongong based St George fan before the merger, the merger was the perfect fit for me. So I voted:
"i support the st george illawarra dragons joint venture"