What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is our attack?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Just disgraceful! We are one out almost every ruck and only when we got behind did we actually try something. And guess what we looked far more dangerous. People can say what they like about the team and clean outs/new players next year, it will make little difference if this doesn't change. I just don't understand how the coaching staff can't see this and fix the problem.

Hit ups are all well and good but they constantly run one out and the defense is zeroing in. Lucky to have scored at all last night. Please when we make a half break could we not hit the ball up one out the next ruck every time.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We haven't had "attack" for the past 3 years. I'm not sure exactly what you think it is that we're missing?

If anything, this season is better, at least we have some structure in attack, and we look like threatening the opposition line on more occasions than we have for years.

Bigfella

Coach
Start by looking at our spine.

We have one star player.

Of the rest, only one is a genuine first grader, and even then doesn't always play like one and is wildy erratic.

The way other clubs compensate for a lack of superstars in the spine is by having top class centres or back rowers. We have neither of those either.

If the reports are true that we are not interested in paying as much as 500k for a genuine dummy half I can't see us improving that much in the years to come.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon rickys said lets get the basics right-No offlaods untillwe do.About rnd 10 -12 i think we will start to open our game up

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yep it would be ridiculous if we weren't prepared to pay $500K for a dummy half.
The three most important positions on the paddock are fullback, halfback and dummy half.

Eels Dude

Coach
I reckon rickys said lets get the basics right-No offlaods untillwe do.About rnd 10 -12 i think we will start to open our game up

I don't believe that, where is the logic behind that suggestion? We look very lost in the opposition 20. We don't have a dummy half who can spread the ball quickly for a start. We really need one of our halves to take control and get our players working a team and getting bodies in motion, telling players where to run so we can test the defence. It's just disppointing our players are still just standing flat footed all the time in attacking positions and you just end up with one out hitups or passing from the middle to the side of the field then back again with nothing to show for it.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't believe that, where is the logic behind that suggestion? We look very lost in the opposition 20. We don't have a dummy half who can spread the ball quickly for a start. We really need one of our halves to take control and get our players working a team and getting bodies in motion, telling players where to run so we can test the defence. It's just disppointing our players are still just standing flat footed all the time in attacking positions and you just end up with one out hitups or passing from the middle to the side of the field then back again with nothing to show for it.

Maybe the fullback could do some organizing. Just a thought.

Daneel

Bench
What i can't believe is how engineers room has been whinging about this rightly or wrongly for what seems like years yet the club haven't offered him the chance to fix it. Unfathomable in my opinion.

You might be absolutely correct TER but you sound like a broken record.

lingard

Coach
Where is our attack? Hayne, Hoppoate, Norman, Sandow, Morgan, Toutai, Loko, and either Pritchard or another rotational hooker. In other words, next year guys. Be patient. We're on our way.

Chipmunk

Coach
You cannot expect to have a good attack with a poor performing dummy half that makes 2 wrong decisions every set of six and a half back who cannot organise.

Everyone just has to face facts on this issue.