What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the Shellharbour Sharks home ground???

chileman

Coach
I'll smack the first person who says "Shellharbour" :p :sarcasm: Moving down there soon and yeah I know I can look it up in a phone book or probably the local rag but thought I'd ask here first :D cheers!

Dutchy

Immortal
Ron Costello Oval & Ben Fretus Field located at Cnr William and Mary Streets Shellharbour.

Why did the JBC team decide to call itself the Marlins when the rest of the Club is called the Sharks? Did they do some market research that said Marlins were more likeable and popular?

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Why did the JBC team decide to call itself the Marlins when the rest of the Club is called the Sharks? Did they do some market research that said Marlins were more likeable and popular?
yeah i was wondering that, i think chester hill is the same, their jnrs are chester hill hornets while the jbc are rhinos

one_eyed_demon said:
yeah i was wondering that, i think chester hill is the same, their jnrs are chester hill hornets while the jbc are rhinos

I suspect, in the case of Shellharbour, it's about not being confused with Cronulla - or being associated with the club... They may have a view to being in PL at some stage?

As for Chester Hill I have no idea why they wanted to develop a separate name for their JBC side.

chileman

Coach
Well here I am in wet windy Shellharbour, my next door neighbour actually plays for the Marlins so I will be seeing plenty of them this season!:D

overtheline

Juniors
The Marlins will be hoping to improve on last season. They have lost a couple to overseas but have retained most of the squad, while bringing in a couple of newbies. Personally I can't wait for the season to begin. Training began on Monday.

Spike

First Grade
chileman said:
Well here I am in wet windy Shellharbour, my next door neighbour actually plays for the Marlins so I will be seeing plenty of them this season!:D

Which player Chile?

They've inherited a few of the Dragons players due to St George not having a premier league side next year so they should improve from this year. Brad Davidson will be one to watch and Brendon Tunbridge if he's going around again.

chileman

Coach
Spike said:
Which player Chile?

They've inherited a few of the Dragons players due to St George not having a premier league side next year so they should improve from this year. Brad Davidson will be one to watch and Brendon Tunbridge if he's going around again.
Adam Griggs amigo...he is new to the club this season, played for the Cronulla Sharks lower grades as a junior....overtheline, are you a member, look forward to catching up with you at a game, my new adopted team!:D

100yearsRL

Juniors
It is known as Ron Costello Oval, named after a local was a kangaroo.

ITS ABout a 5 min walk from centre of town

chileman

Coach
The field looks good but the outer ground and surrounding areas look a bit rundown and over grown, hope it's just the offseason syndrome!

100yearsRL

Juniors
Yeah the grandstand is fairly old, heaps of tradition in that club and ground. Hopefully off season will see ground have a good rest, great part of the worlde.

chileman

Coach
100yearsRL said:
Yeah the grandstand is fairly old, heaps of tradition in that club and ground. Hopefully off season will see ground have a good rest, great part of the worlde.
My two boys are getting excited about going to see Shellharbour play already and we are still a few months away from kick off:D

chileman

Coach
overtheline said:
chileman, yes, I am a member, also an interested spectator. They are a friendly bunch, hope you enjoy the season.
Good onya mate, hopefully catch up with you at a game!:D

Latest posts