What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to for Manly?

Forum Idiot

Bench
i reckon theyll be a big threat next year. new coach would have had a lot of time to get get used to it all and theyve made 2 very good signings with a few more to come. look to manly to be the big improvers of 2005.

wittyfan

Referee
Forum Idiot said:
i reckon theyll be a big threat next year. new coach would have had a lot of time to get get used to it all and theyve made 2 very good signings with a few more to come. look to manly to be the big improvers of 2005.

Kennedy and Kite will strengthen the team but it's simply not nearly enough. Defensively the team is abysmal and has been for a number of years now. Hasler has a lot of work to do to get the club to be competitive.

t-ba

Post Whore
Where too for Manly?

I don't know, but If Dessie doesn't watch out I think Tooves might be coaching first grade next year. Premier League appears to be more disciplined than firsts FFS :roll: .

CC_Eagle

First Grade
T-ba I'm starting to warm to the idea of Tooves being NRL coach next year. Maybe he and Hasler should swap.

imasharkie

Coach
Personally i'd like to see them stay at the bottom of the nrl ladder :D
The wooden spoon suits them and please don't sack Hoppa

dice

Juniors
I was feeling really good about backing Souths for the wooden spoon at the juicy odds of $3 and the Manly arseholes are going to spoil it.

Hasler is a wannabe. Bring back Peter Sharp.

reladith

Juniors
I think Toovey would be a special for the coaching role. It will not happen though. Manly won't sack one of their favourite Sons, even for another favourite Son!

Many are saying though that Toovey is going to be better than Stuart as a coach, I have to agree.

Look at the players he has. He has Manly first grade rejects and they are coming 4th on the ladder. He doing quite well with that squad.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Manly Premier League is going well because it's full of fringe 1st graders, not simply PL standard players if that makes any sense. A lot of that team can play NRL football, but staying in the top grade is the tough part, Manly has more depth than many care to notice this year, and when you add some marquee names then that depth is what supports you for that next season with the new names.

The Tigers have done this for the past few off-seasons, despite their recent form, they are one or two star players from taking another step, mainly because their depth is steady.

I'm not saying Manly is primed for the Finals or anything misleading like that, but they will improve next season. But Toovey as coach? mmmm, let me sleep on it.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
imasharkie said:
Personally i'd like to see them stay at the bottom of the nrl ladder :D
The wooden spoon suits them and please don't sack Hoppa

I think it suits your "club" more, how many have you won? How many have w e won?

MEE

Juniors
Prodigiousman said:
Manly Premier League is going well because it's full of fringe 1st graders, not simply PL standard players if that makes any sense. A lot of that team can play NRL football, but staying in the top grade is the tough part, Manly has more depth than many care to notice this year, and when you add some marquee names then that depth is what supports you for that next season with the new names.

I agree 100%

We must be the most frustrating team to watch in the competition. World beaters for 20 minute periods but woeful for the other 60.

I've just about had enough. It's the same shit every year. You can not tell me that some of those players are putting in. Shape up or ship out. It's a f*cking disgrace. I feel ashamed of the club.

Latest posts