What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to now????

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
After todays performance only a few can hold there heads up. Hindy was his usual Mannah was good again the shack was outstanding. Hayne was pedestrian at best. Our attack was barely average at best. We have to pick loko again and stick with him looked strong in attack.I can't see us beating anyone with that type of effort. The storm were clinical and beat us all over the park. As long as kearny sticks with loko will be the only good thing to come out of today. Fingers crossed the spoon isn't coming our way.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Bring in Humble?

But seriously after the start that Hayne has had i wouldnt be to bothered if he sat out a few weeks to heal up whatever is wrong with him...

Kornstar

Coach
Bring in Humble?

But seriously after the start that Hayne has had i wouldnt be to bothered if he sat out a few weeks to heal up whatever is wrong with him...

Yep, get him over his injuries and then bring him back, he is not 100%

Parraren

Bench
After todays performance only a few can hold there heads up. Hindy was his usual Mannah was good again the shack was outstanding. Hayne was pedestrian at best. Our attack was barely average at best. We have to pick loko again and stick with him looked strong in attack.I can't see us beating anyone with that type of effort. The storm were clinical and beat us all over the park. As long as kearny sticks with loko will be the only good thing to come out of today. Fingers crossed the spoon isn't coming our way.

Loko was solid. He'll get better and better.

I thought Atkins also did well today, he's got speed, good in the air and has some size to boot. Very unlucky not to get a try as well.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Where to???

326560-craig-gower-italy.jpg

There is always next week...............seriously, I don't think anyone expected us to win but to get the flogging and not score, that hurts.

The refereeing - you can't control it but we drop our bundle when all those decisions go against us. It is like our players just give up because they think nothing will go our way.

We can argue till we are blue in the face about the players that are on the park - we concerns me our game plan/style and our set plays. Our defence is a big worry, particularly after back to back sets.

We really miss guys like McGuire.......but even him coming back doesn't turn us into a winning football team.

Loko should never again play outside first grade. He is easily our most dangerous outside back. If he continues to improve over the next few years he WILL become a damaging representative player. We can't lose him.

It's too early for Barba, but he has already shown me that he has the skills to be a dangerous attacking half. Damn! But it is just too early for him.

lingard

Coach
Bring in Humble?

At this stage, you`d be wanting to bring in anyone who can play five-eight. Because Mortimer is just not doing it. His kicking game has improved a lot. His passing game is a bit better. But now, it seems, he can`t run anymore. I haven`t seen him run all year. He`s like Tim Smith but without the kicking and passing game. I`m totally over him. Geez we could do with someone like Gareth Widdop at five-eight. That boy can play!

boxhead

First Grade
Kearney took a punt on Loko and that worked well, based on Loko's individual performance.

Will he take a punt again on the halves?

boxhead

First Grade
At this stage, you`d be wanting to bring in anyone who can play five-eight. Because Mortimer is just not doing it. His kicking game has improved a lot. His passing game is a bit better. But now, it seems, he can`t run anymore. I haven`t seen him run all year. He`s like Tim Smith but without the kicking and passing game. I`m totally over him. Geez we could do with someone like Gareth Widdop at five-eight. That boy can play!

Mortimer looked better than Robson did, but the thing is, even though Morts has been close to our best player the past few weeks in a row, it's just not good enough from either of them. Something indeed needs to change.

Delboy

First Grade
Lingard, what is even more obvious is that we do0n't have a 6 or 7. Robson actually looked slower and worse playing at 9 (which seemed impossible), and Morts was ineffective too.

Storm play7 with the equiv of 2 rep 7s, in Smith and Cronk and we have the worst 7 and a pretty much out classed 6.

Atkins and Loko were 2 of our best 3 players, but the halves are embarrassing, Robbo looks like a deer in the headlights when we have the ball and Morts gets crushed due to his size.

I will say it again, sign someone like Tim Smith for he rest of the season if possible, these 2 don't measure up and Robbo is the most ineffective half back we have had,particularly when he has to play in a strture when his shortcomigngs are so apparent.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Seriously, there will be no changes to the side ( not saying I don't think some fine tuning is not needed). No matter what other player we have at the club, if they played today it would not have made any difference what so ever. The Storm were just to good, they would have beaten every side today bar the dragons. At the moment it looks like a Storm / Dragons GF, but it is still early. The side needs to regroup and focus on next week. Just remember not many thought after round 5 last year the roosters would be in the GF.

jono

Juniors
Where to now ??? ..... ANZ Stadium next Friday , of course , where we meet our age-old foe ...... I had hoped we could win today , and honestly thought we were a chance , but our team is not very big on composure . Once a few decisions go agin us , the boys have a look of resignation . Heads up everyone , let's get out there and watch our boys beat those Bullies next week

boxhead

First Grade
Well, if we continue to fail in scoring points next week or the halves continue to play poorly, then should Kearney take the punt on another player? There are four player options we have in the halves aside from our current ones as far as I am concerned, and each if them would change the side around a LOT;

1. Hayne to five-eighth.
2. Tom Humble to five-eighth or halfback.
3. Brad Murray to halfback.
4. Marmin Barba to halfback.

Or even a combination of these. Will Kearney take a punt? Unfortunately for us, Hayne is quiet at the moment, Humble has been injured, Murray has been terrible, and Barba is far too young.

I would give it three rounds at the very, very least and ten rounds at maximum for Kearney to make this sort of change. If our season looks to be slipping away (it is still very early and look at what the Storm have done to other teams this year), then is it worth trying out someone else? I would say yes.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lingard, what is even more obvious is that we do0n't have a 6 or 7. Robson actually looked slower and worse playing at 9 (which seemed impossible), and Morts was ineffective too.

Storm play7 with the equiv of 2 rep 7s, in Smith and Cronk and we have the worst 7 and a pretty much out classed 6.

Atkins and Loko were 2 of our best 3 players, but the halves are embarrassing, Robbo looks like a deer in the headlights when we have the ball and Morts gets crushed due to his size.

I will say it again, sign someone like Tim Smith for he rest of the season if possible, these 2 don't measure up and Robbo is the most ineffective half back we have had,particularly when he has to play in a strture when his shortcomigngs are so apparent.

Agree with what you are saying but really even if we had Thurston today it would not have made any difference. The Storm just crushed us out of the game - the best half back in the game could fix this problem this afternnon.

Also I think Mcguire back in the side will help

fish eel

Immortal

I think we'll rue letting Kris Keating go.

hybrideel

Bench
Brett Kimmorley summed it up perfectly in the commentary just before half time. We did not ask any questions of the storm defence. Hitup, hitup, hitup, hitup, hitup bomb.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well, if we continue to fail in scoring points next week or the halves continue to play poorly, then should Kearney take the punt on another player? There are four player options we have in the halves aside from our current ones as far as I am concerned, and each if them would change the side around a LOT;

1. Hayne to five-eighth.
2. Tom Humble to five-eighth or halfback.
3. Brad Murray to halfback.
4. Marmin Barba to halfback.

Or even a combination of these. Will Kearney take a punt? Unfortunately for us, Hayne is quiet at the moment, Humble has been injured, Murray has been terrible, and Barba is far too young.

Barba needs at least 15 extra kilos on his frame to play in the NRL. Very good player but at 69 kilos is just to small

Tizzun

Juniors
Loko should never again play outside first grade. He is easily our most dangerous outside back. If he continues to improve over the next few years he WILL become a damaging representative player. We can't lose him.

It's too early for Barba, but he has already shown me that he has the skills to be a dangerous attacking half. Damn! But it is just too early for him.

Not so sure about the bolded part, young players can be inconsistent, it was easy for him to lift for his debut today but lets see how consistent he can be - he may need a spell in NSW cup. Certainly should not go back to NYC, keep him playing against men.