What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to watch Thread

Ok, obviously peeps is gonna wanna be at the best place possible to watch this sh*t. so list the awesome venues you know of thats gonna be showing the world cup.

Let us know, if possible:

How good the atmosphere will be?
how spacious is the venue?
will alcohol be available?
community specific location? (e.g, italian community.)

fish eel

Immortal
if you're in sydney, the best place would be the designated fifa live site at darling harbour, based I believe on the 'fan fests' germany set up everywhere in 06. They went off......

weasel

First Grade
Hmm, not sure what I'm gonna be able to do about this. I have IPTV here, but with like sixty odd channels I only have one sport channel, and it only ever shows baseball, golf and UFC. Oh well, at least I can choose one of a dozen korean dramas to watch at any given time, and if I ever get bored of that there's Telenovela for all my latin american soap opera needs, conveniently sub-titled in korean... I really ought to have consulted with my girlfriend before letting her sign me up to this provider, but coming from Australia where sport is the biggest draw for pay television subscribers I really couldn't imagine there could be a market for pay television with almost no sports.

One of the main free-to-air channels, ironically enough called SBS, has the world cup rights, but they have their own Sports channel which my provider doesn't carry, and I suspect the bulk of the games besides the Korea matches will be on that channel.

I s'pose I could look for livestreaming, I don't really wanna go to a smokey bar to watch games, but I suspect the world cup being what it is FIFA will be cracking down on sites offering such feeds.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Looks like we're moving to Sydney just in time. It'll be good to be able to check out the Live Sites I heard so much about last time around.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Watching your country on the biggest stage of them all is enough to get me outta bed let alone get down to the city for the live site

dragondad

First Grade
I went down to the live site at Darling Harbour for the Italy R16 match in 2006 and it went OFF!

So I might go to the Darling Harbour one this time around.Also for the A-League grand final I went to the Sports Theatre at Star City to watch it on the big screen and it also went OFF! So another possible venue.

Latest posts