What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will Ali go?

Where will Ali go?

• Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eels

• Raiders

• Souths

• Tigers

• Manly

• Wigan

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Matta

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Razor said:
Kiwi said:
The Roosters and their coach Stuart have already publically confirmed they are interested. How they keep finding money under the cap is beyond me.

Same way the Broncos alway find room under the cap to sign all these players.

Take out the likes of Webcke ( who has publically said no other team has ever offered him a contract, knowing he'd never leave for money ), Tallis, Lockyer, Tate and Petero, and who do we have that needs to be on a biggish contract? Maybe Carlaw, Shaun Berrigan and Devere would be on good money, but the rest, I doubt it.

When you look at the Roosters who have the likes of Fittler, Minicheillo, Morley, Wing, Fitzgibbon, Cross, Hegarty, Hodges, Walker ect at their club, and they still outbid other clubs for the services of Dorn, and now are gonna make a play for Ali. Honestly club support aside, that is dodge.

Yeah the thing is some cards play their players in the salary cap game so well, so I can see how teams like Broncos and other high profile clubs can make extra room under the cap. hat I don't see is how clubs like the Roosters manage to have so much extra space as they have such good players (I hope I never have to say that again) being paid so much, and now they want to buy yet another one in Lauitiiti. Walker for a measly amount showed all the others that they were struggling in the salary cap, then they released Todd Payten as well. But anyway the other clubs that are chaing Lauiti'iti's signature (Eels, Raiders, Manly, Souths, Tigers) have enough space underneath and it will be one of them.

Matta

Juniors
Razor said:
Albiet adding Hegarty, Wing, Cayless, Fitzgibbon, Morley, Webb for the Roosters will even it up a bit, but it'll still be around even.

Actually I don't think so. Really you're only comparing player to player, so players like Fittler and Tallis would eve it out. And remember its a 25 not 17 thats makes up a salary cap.

Kaz

junior
The Knights were over last year.

Remember the year the Knights were over by $475,000.

I wonder when the NRL will release the Salary Cap findings from last year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
DvdHntr said:
Manly is the only NRL club with the room under the cap ATM

incorrect, the raiders signed Matt Rua and he left, as well as Rod Jensen, Micheal Mongahan, Jammal Lolesi as well as a few other PL players and signed absolutley no one, Bar Disco Steve who isnt in our 25

so we have a good 200-400k to get ali, but we have to resign 3 this year so...
depending on what those blokes were on

legend

Coach
I've added a poll to this thread so we can see who the masses think big Ali will sign with.

legend

Coach
Canberra would be well under the cap and for some reason, out of all the Autralian clubs vying for his services, I think we will get him.

We will more than likely make the top eight, we have a very stable set of forwards, a good coach, Ruben Wiki and enough money under the cap to pay him what he wants.

If it's not us I'd like to see him at Parramatta.

I highly doubt he goes to Manly. Endacott is his manager, and he doesn't like Graham Lowe or the way Manly done business on him last year with Dallas Rennie.

Anonymous

Juniors
He played as a centre as a schoolboy but is too big for that position now

How? As a schoolboy he was almost as big as he is now, and he was playing against schoolboys! Was Jonah Lomu too big to play on the wing?

budz

Juniors
One thing that i dont think anyone has brought up is the fact that Ali has supposedly told Warriors management that winning a premiership isnt a top priority for him. Im guessing this is because he is married now. What i would like to know is why so many other clubs would be after him if he isnt willing to put in 100% for his club and team mates. Can anyone fill me in on this?

EdBurton

Juniors
I suppose because winning a premiership doesn't have to be a motivating factor for him to be play well. As long as he's enjoying his footy, he'll be able to provide something to whichever team he's with...
That's why I'd be chasing him

I heard he did some pre season training with the Broncos.
So i say he will go there. He can earn more in sponorship etc in Brisbane and housing is cheaper then Sydney.
But he may want to play with some Kiwis like Vaealik and Cayless at Parra.

Iafeta

Referee
Rumour has it Lauitiiti was inches from signing for Wigan, but is preparing to ask the Warriors for a second chance with a modified attitude.

TELL ME IT IS SO!

Latest posts