What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Qld NRL clubs play during the Brisbane Olympics?

So Brisbane have won the rights to host the Olympic Games in 2032. The dates for those games are 'tentatively' set for July 23 to August 8. With that timeframe, it obviously falls during the NRL season.

Back in Sydney 2000, the event was held post season from September 15 to October 1. In that year, the NRL began its season a month early.

When the Brisbane Olympics are underway, Suncorp, Townsville, CBus, Sunshine Coast and even Barlow Park in Cairns would be all unavailable. So where will the Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, (Brisbane II) play?

Would the NRL have those sides drawn to play away from home during the Olympics?
Would the NRL shut down the comp for a few weeks?
Or a possible new boutique stadium in Brisbane (cap 20000) to accommodate a second team in the city?

Thoughts...
Where the other people with two heads live.

They’ll play in Tasmania.

Generalzod

Immortal
I didn't know that.
Classic, the Olympics has f**k all relevance these days. It's like PVL ran it for the last 12 years and it's finally dying out.
Nah it's not that it just cost so much for the bidding country. What the Olympic comm needs to do is actually have one country hold it every 4 years..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Apart from the opening and closing ceremonies, what do people watch? Mens 100m? Me personally, unless I have a ball tucked under my arm, I don’t get the point of running.
I enjoyed the archery and kayaking in London. I always try to find a new event or two I wouldn't normally watch. Variety is the spice of life

Perth Red

Post Whore
I didn't know that.
Classic, the Olympics has f**k all relevance these days. It's like PVL ran it for the last 12 years and it's finally dying out.
There was no rival bids as the IOC has changed its bidding process. They no longer have a rival bidding process, that led to so much wasted money and corruption, and instead have early "negotiations' with interested cities then pick a preferred one who they work with before deciding if it is able to have hosting rights.

when you say that, to who? Its still the pinnacle for the athletes, it rates a massive global audience, gets massive global media coverage, it gets large crowds to main events. How do you measure its relevance??

Latest posts