What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where will this team finish in 06 (part 11)

where will the roosters team bellow finish in 06

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiger_nick

Bench
Will be interesting to see what Stuart does with the team. They won't win games by their usual gang tackling with that forward pack/bench. The jury is still out on Stuart IMO and this season is his most important

OVP

Coach
Danish said:
I think Anasta will do wonders now that he is in a team which doesnt hate him. Finch is a worry, but then again he'll be playing for Newtown so i'm sure i dont care.

The question marks over Monaghan are warranted. I had high hopes for him but after 05 i've lost all confidence that he will do well. But he will be ditched very quickly for Perrett if he doesnt perform so the pressure will either make or break him.

As for Shillo, i'm more than a bit biased but he is being worked very hard by Stuart and co and i have him down as a possilbe QLD bolter for Origin. They do tend to make one left-field selection each year after all, and with Webcke gone, Petro soon to follow, and Carl Webb in all likelihood suspended there will be some front row positions up for grabs.

I've got us finishing in the Top 4 as a fan, and somewhere in the bottom of the 8 if i take off the tri-colour lenses.

i'm sorry but i find that line very cute :)

Nice post Danish ... you know something, i'd get on Shillington playing Origin next year ... i dont know what it is, but those few games in first grade last year REALLY made this kid imo. He just has soooo much talent, and im glad HE FINALLY realises it. That was always Shillo's problem ... HE had to believe in himself, and i reckon he does now, bigtime. This is why Stuart is such a great coach ... unless you see the effect he has on the lower graders, then you'll never really understand our club.

Danish

Referee
OVP said:
Nice post Danish ... you know something, i'd get on Shillington playing Origin next year ... i dont know what it is, but those few games in first grade last year REALLY made this kid imo. He just has soooo much talent, and im glad HE FINALLY realises it. That was always Shillo's problem ... HE had to believe in himself, and i reckon he does now, bigtime. This is why Stuart is such a great coach ... unless you see the effect he has on the lower graders, then you'll never really understand our club.

Very true mate.

Having watched most of his games this year I'd say his first grade appearances were more dominant than any of his PL games. Bloody good considering the forward packs he was up against in those last few rounds.

Of course losing a fight against Hegs and being sin binned without even throwing a punch was a bit of a low point......... but we wont hold that against him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Shillington is a Rooster so he's a shoe in for Origin and Australia

He's a good player but Rosoters and Dragons players making rep teams doesn't automatically mean they are good players

OVP

Coach
Hurriflatch said:

He's a good player but Rosoters and Dragons players making rep teams doesn't automatically mean they are good players

And, apart from Nathan Hindmarsh, you've got NOTHING either !!

Danish

Referee
Hurriflatch said:

Considering the roosters had all of 3 Aussie players (fitzy, Mini, Wing) and 5 SOO players (those 3 + Flanno and Crocker) i hardly see how they are walk on starters.

And who could say honestly that Mini and Wing dont deserve their spots?? Fitzy was a bit of a questionable selection for the Tri-Nations i suppose but only this season.

However Ryles walking on to every rep team is a complete and utter joke. As is Cooper's. Barrett being chosen over Thurston is worst of all.

sydraider

First Grade
I think the roosters will be tooo light in the forwards to make a serious dent.

They wont be able to employ their rigorous offensive/defensive style with that forward pack.I also heard that fitzy will be playing front row which is also laughable.
The Roosters will have an awesome attacking arsenal but with many having Flash rather than Balls, they will be torn up the middle by any smart coach.

They wont be a threat, Freddies gone and honestly Anasta isnt that good.

May make the 8 but will struggle to do so!

sooperdooper

First Grade
good signings this year. i put 7th however i could see them as high as 3rd. cant see them lower than 7th.
scrap doyle, been away to long does not deserve an nrl spot right up

sooperdooper

First Grade
Danish said:
Considering the roosters had all of 3 Aussie players (fitzy, Mini, Wing) and 5 SOO players (those 3 + Flanno and Crocker) i hardly see how they are walk on starters.

And who could say honestly that Mini and Wing dont deserve their spots?? Fitzy was a bit of a questionable selection for the Tri-Nations i suppose but only this season.

However Ryles walking on to every rep team is a complete and utter joke. As is Cooper's. Barrett being chosen over Thurston is worst of all.
wing deserved his spot?

sooperdooper

First Grade
sydraider said:
I think the roosters will be tooo light in the forwards to make a serious dent.

They wont be able to employ their rigorous offensive/defensive style with that forward pack.I also heard that fitzy will be playing front row which is also laughable.
The Roosters will have an awesome attacking arsenal but with many having Flash rather than Balls, they will be torn up the middle by any smart coach.

They wont be a threat, Freddies gone and honestly Anasta isnt that good.

May make the 8 but will struggle to do so!
lightweight? werent the tigers pack the lightest this year?
did they win the grand final or not?

Parraboy

Juniors
The Roosters will have a really good pair of hard men up front with Morely and his clone Shillington, who will give them good go forward. But the roosters will struggle with their halves combo with Anasta being highly overated and overpaid and Brett Finch being right up there with Micheal Monaghan as the biggest bitch in the game!

Still have some fine players with Mini, Fitzy and one of the best buys, Harrison, and will give most teams a run for their money. I think they could also struggle with a ordinary bench.
Also be interesting to see how they handle the loss of Stuart and most of the Roosters support team around the rep matches.

Last but not least, The loss of both Cayless and Ricko will be massive for this club. I think they will finish mid-range, try 9th maybe 8th.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Parraboy said:
The Roosters will have a really good pair of hard men up front with Morely and his clone Shillington, who will give them good go forward. But the roosters will struggle with their halves combo with Anasta being highly overated and overpaid and Brett Finch being right up there with Micheal Monaghan as the biggest bitch in the game!

Still have some fine players with Mini, Fitzy and one of the best buys, Harrison, and will give most teams a run for their money. I think they could also struggle with a ordinary bench.
Also be interesting to see how they handle the loss of Stuart and most of the Roosters support team around the rep matches.

Last but not least, The loss of both Cayless and Ricko will be massive for this club. I think they will finish mid-range, try 9th maybe 8th.

your kidding parraboy.
anasta over rated and over paid? considering he went to the roosters for alot less that he could have got?
loss of stuart will be only one time this year for anzac test, no more origin coach so more focus on roosters...
loss of ricko has been filled by a player who is young and a great player and leader

sooperdooper

First Grade
sydraider said:
Yes, whats your point?
well your saying the roosters can not win it with a smaller pack, considering the fact that shillington is big so is tonga, then you have toupou who is very mobile...

sooperdooper said:
well your saying the roosters can not win it with a smaller pack, considering the fact that shillington is big so is tonga, then you have toupou who is very mobile...

Provided that Tonga spreads a whole tube of Araldite on hands before each match, he could be a potential "buy of the year" for the roosters.

sydraider

First Grade
sooperdooper said:

I said they will be light in the forwards, meaning not much depth, some of those guys are still apprentices in the nrl and if you seriously think charlie tonga is a footballer to be feared then by all means go for it.

I just feel that 06 will be similar to 05 for the roosters, maybe 07 will be an improvement, still its my opinion, just like yours that the roosters will try and imitate the tigers.