What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will WT finish in 2014 ?

With the coming season all but upon us i am optimistic that we will make the top 8 possibly coming in around 7th spot.What ever the case as long as we improve on last year and not regress it will be a step in the right dirrection for the future.Mates of mine think otherwise and think we headed for the wooden spoon...any body else got an opinion of where we might finish in 2014 ?:roll:

Matchball

Bench
We have points in us, just our ability to switch off in defence is our biggest problem.
Defence is key to us making the 8.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'll say 10th-12th

I think we'll have a year similar to penrith did last year. We'll win some games no one expects us too, and lose a few everyone thought we'd shit in. The talent is there but I think we're too green to consistently play well over 26 rounds.

super_coach

First Grade
I think we are going to close the gap on the better sides but Iam not sure if it will translate into to many wins.

The two D's will make or break us, DEFENSE and DISCIPLINE.

My heart says 7th, my brain says 14th

Tigers Tale

Juniors
My guess is 9th or 10th. Based on how tough our draw is this year. Love to make the 8 but I somehow think this year we may just miss out. Would certainly like to be proven wrong...

Radical Rat

Juniors
We're favourites for the spoon. Not sure where we'll end up but I'll bet my left nut we won't get the spoon.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'll say 10th-12th

I think we'll have a year similar to penrith did last year. We'll win some games no one expects us too, and lose a few everyone thought we'd shit in. The talent is there but I think we're too green to consistently play well over 26 rounds.

That would be a great season for your team. Then hope you can fill the missing pieces which will probably become obvious as the season plays out.

How much longer is anasta signed for? He has to go. Great fir this season but really he is holding other players back if he stays any longer.

DanOz

Juniors
I think we will push for the 8. We have Kidwell and Payten on board to work with our defence all year. Hoping to scrape in but if we miss I cant see us below 9 or 10. New atmosphere, better team harmony, better structure with Brooks rather than 15% Marshall brilliance and 85% Marshall madness.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I expect to finish 10-12. Anything more and I would be surprised. Anything less and I'd be disappointed. I think we have a very good backline but forward packs win you games and ours in among the weakest in the comp.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
After sacking a coach because we finished 9th I would feel ok if we finished top 10.
If we truly remain in the hunt for a finals spot throughout the season I would be excited. If we finish bottom 4 I would be down in the dumps.
Who knows if players hit their peak, top 6

ucantseeme

Juniors
If they lose to the Dragons in Round 1, then a finish in the mid-teens is likely. If they win then there is hope to be at least in touch with the top 8 towards the end.

The Round 1 performance from 2013 summed up the rest of the season nicely.

dumpy

Juniors
I'd say 12 to 14.
Really our season rests mainly on defence. Defence is an attitude. We have plodders who get caught out and either give away silly penalties or make little or no effort which just compounds.
Hopefully, Tapau and Gavet can instill some much needed take no prisoner mongrel attitude into the pack.
Last year we were man handled by opposition and submitted. It is time for BMM to impose his will. Anasta not to play in the forwards and Blair, well he has 2 years left on his contract and what a waste of salary cap he is.
We have some young exciting players who need time and help to gain experience and you cannot do that in the NYC.

moller

Juniors
We'll be around the fringes of the 8 either way IMO, but probably on the outside looking in.
Won't make any impact on the comp until we can compete in the back row - ours is probably the weakest group of players in the comp, especially with Sironen out.

The Rosco

Bench
Our forward pack is in the best shape it's ever been in.
Believe me . . . we have genuine ability and great talent in our 2014 pack.
You know what Farah, Keith, Woods, Fulton, Ava, etc can do.
The addition of Gavet, Tapau and Paterson is the X-factor. These guys hit hard and effectively, offload, and run hard at defenders without submitting or slowing down..
After watching these 3 at Camden, I'm so looking forward to watching them tear saints a new one.

I honestly think we will push for a spot in the 8 with a kind run of injuries and luck. We might need time to sort our halves, but we will be OK this year and hopefully better next.

innsaneink

Referee
People keep raving about Gavet & Tapau....imo theyve proved nothing yet.

I hope they do....but atm theyre just new

Latest posts