What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's Russell ? Forget Wally

Razor

Coach
supermario said:
Read the article, he will be leaving a sheque for $250K if souths happen to win.

No mention of odds, which means if souths lose then if Bandwagon russ takes up the offer he will have to leave a cheque for $250K for the business man.

Yes I read the article. He'll lose $250k no matter where he bet. But if he placed that $250k on at a betting agency he'll only get $120k extra.

It's clear. He doesn't want Russel to shut up. He wants better odds than the TAB offers. If it was all about pride he'd give odds.

Cletus

First Grade
Iguess he did spend $20 milion on a new phone, so I guess he's not hardup for cash.

BuffaloRules

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/rusty-crows-after-rabbitohs-priceless-win/2005/08/20/1124435184508.html

Gladiator Russell Crowe knocked back a $250,000 wager with a cashed-up and irate Roosters fan on the outcome of last night's game - but the Rabbitohs' No.1 fan was still laughing in the Souths rooms afterwards, even though he cost himself a quarter-of-a-mill.

Crowe circulated his own press release after his side's miraculous 17-16 victory at Aussie Stadium, dismissing the bet that was aired in a Sydney newspaper yesterday.

But then the Oscar-winning actor delivered this line to The Sun-Herald: "That sort of thing is irresponsible and ridiculous. Rugby league is an exciting game. It doesn't require that sort of money on it at all. I hope that guy is sitting at home right now thinking, 'Thank god Russell isn't an idiot like me.' "

Rusty was beaming as much as the players after the game. But he took the niggle that had existed on the field a tad further when he took aim at the Roosters, who have signed Rabbitohs captain Ashley Harrison for next season.

"You know what, facts are facts, Jack," he said. "The way it is, is the way it is. Over time, the way business has been done by certain people will come out.

"I grew up hating Manly. I only just noticed through the course of this year that the Roosters have taken over from that.

"I don't mind Manly so much now . . . It's not that I don't like the Roosters, but chequebook rugby league isn't my style."

I get the feeling that Russ doesn't much care for the Roosters.

aussies1st

Staff member
"That sort of thing is irresponsible and ridiculous. Rugby league is an exciting game. It doesn't require that sort of money on it at all. "
I think the guy is trying to clean up his act. :roll:

Latest posts