What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which CLUB game would you like to see again?

1-The victory over Bris.last year was our Grand Final
2-The Knights /Manly game when Harrogan and Carrol tore into each other
3-Knights/Canberra beat the Canberra Raiders with Stuart/Meninga lead team where Mark Sargent scored 3! tries
4-Balmain with Pearce/Roach/Jack etc-We were trying to make our first semi which we ended up drawing for 5th place and were beaten in a week game.I remember sitting on the Dry hill and seeing people standing 13/ 14 deep across.Damn there was no room that day
5-Early years Knights /Bris-bris won 10-8 BUT Glenn Miller dived over in the corner and we thought we had won{pre video ref}.I swear to the dying day he got there before the post but there you go!
Wayne Bennett said it was also one of the best club games ever seen{back then-approx1989?}
So...what games to you recall the most?

antonius

Coach
The Knights/Dogs game where El kicked the winning goal on fulltime would take some beating for mine. The most satisfying would be the semi when we absolutely flogged the Goosters at Marathon, Freddy went home with his tail between his legs that day. I loved it.

11Straight

Juniors
I liked the Saints/Newcastle game from 99 where you guys had it won in the final 5 then saints snatched it from you with a minute to go and then Darren albert snatching it back in the last couple of seconds.

thuganomics

Coach
Im with antonius. Most satisfying was the Broncoes 44-0 smashing :D and The Canberra Stadium game in 2001 when Finch kicked it out on the full. :clap:

Simplycheeky

Juniors
My absolute favorite and one which I am still in awe of was the game against the Bronco's where both teams were minus their Origin players....The Bronc's were something like 18 to 0 in the first half and the young Knight's won the game in the second half hmmmm something like 24-18 ?? The atmosphere at the ground was the most amazing I have ever witnessed....I remember a week later going to the stadium to watch NSW absolutely hammer the QLDer's 52- something there was something like 70,000 fans at that game and the atmosphere was nothing compared to the game at Marathon the week earlier with only 20,000 fans.
The only thing I'd change about the Knight's V Bronco's game would be that I'd sit at the opposite end of the stadium as all the tries were scored at the opposite end to where I was sitting!

thuganomics

Coach
Simplycheeky said:
My absolute favorite and one which I am still in awe of was the game against the Bronco's where both teams were minus their Origin players....The Bronc's were something like 18 to 0 in the first half and the young Knight's won the game in the second half hmmmm something like 24-18 ?? The atmosphere at the ground was the most amazing I have ever witnessed....I remember a week later going to the stadium to watch NSW absolutely hammer the QLDer's 52- something there was something like 70,000 fans at that game and the atmosphere was nothing compared to the game at Marathon the week earlier with only 20,000 fans.
The only thing I'd change about the Knight's V Bronco's game would be that I'd sit at the opposite end of the stadium as all the tries were scored at the opposite end to where I was sitting!

I remember that :D But the bad thing was it got over shadowed by the Panthers tigers match. Cause there was An even bigger comeback in that game.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
You could be right there thug..... But the atmosphere at the ground that day was something I'd never forget....that and the "Senior" players making a guard ofhonour for the young guys as they came back to the dressing room after the game.

stevo

Juniors
last years lang park game. I was lucky enough to go to it but got caught up in the whole, holy crap we might win this one, to actually remember to much of it. Too emotional about being there i think. Same thing happened at the 2001 GF. Can't remember very much of it either.

Newcastle Knights 26 Def Brisbane Broncos 22 at Marathon Stadium
The Broncs led at half time 22-4 and our boys won the 2nd half 22-0, It was a superb effort!

keeney

First Grade
the first 60 minutes of the rd 21 game v cowboys last year was pretty memorable, and noone seems to ahve mentioned it

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone remember a game against Parramatta in 1999 or 2000 where we came back with two late tries (one a little dubious) to win 26-23 or something?

I'd love to see that one again.

Probably the most entertaining game I've seen in recent years was when Melbourne came back to beat Parramatta 30-28 in 2002. What a nail-biter.

IanG

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
2-The Knights /Manly game when Harrogan and Carrol tore into each other

I was at that game on that Friday night back in 1995 when there was 32,000+ at EAS and it felt like being in a sardine tin.

Probaly also our 2 Grand Finals. They were something really special especially in 1997 Darren Albert score that try in the dying seconds. and I leaped out of my seat for joy.

I was asked if I cried when we won the '97 Grand Final by a number of people I know. I didn't but I did pour a bucket of water over my head.

knights04 said:
Mel vs St Geo 99 GF

This was another fantasic game as well. I was lucky enough to be there when there was 105,000 at the Olympic stadium. I'm still in awe of that atmosphere.

thuganomics said:
Most satisfying was the Broncoes 44-0 smashing :D :clap:
I was smiling from ear to ear that night. If I remember right that was the game where Joey made a come back from a long stint on the sideline from injury and we broke a losing streak as well.

Seems alot of these games I've listed I was lucky enough to be at.

thuganomics

Coach
Your right the joey came back to injury, and i remember seeing a sign that said FINALLY GOD HAS COME BACK TO MARATHON!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Our first win in Brissie last yr was a great one. Also when we beat the Dragons in the dying seconds from Joey's kick at the sideline.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I derived a great amount of pleasure from the game against Canberra were Finch tried to produce a match-stealing play, kicked it out on the full, and let Joey kick us home to a 22-20 win. :)

Holla if ya hear me said:
5-Early years Knights /Bris-bris won 10-8 BUT Glenn Miller dived over in the corner and we thought we had won{pre video ref}.I swear to the dying day he got there before the post but there you go!
Wayne Bennett said it was also one of the best club games ever seen{back then-approx1989?}

I remember that one. I was only very young and it happened right in front of me and he grounded it and rolled his arm over the ball and onto the corner post. There was no way he could've hit the post before grounding it.

I also remember Rex Mossip's commentary on the incident back when channel 9 only had the 60 minute spot for Sunday games... he said, "It was very close" when it was clearly the wrong call.

:lol:

If we're having a game over, I'd like to re-do the 95 major semi against Manly. We had that one, only inexperience cost us. Just as heartbreaking as the 2000 semi.

Alba

Coach
antonius said:
The Knights/Dogs game where El kicked the winning goal on fulltime would take some beating for mine.

totally! i would love to go back to that game...i know we lost but it was the best game ive ever been to!

Latest posts