What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which coaches are packing their offices in 2020?

That was my favourite. Losing to the Bulldogs in r26 to miss the 8 altogether. Still gives me a chuckle.

Had the Dragons won that game and snuck into 8th place, would Paul Green still be in a job? He'd have missed 3 consecutive finals series.

Lebbo73

Bench
Broncos have a big dilema.
Is it more embarrassing to sack Siebold or is it more embarrassing to keep the worse coach for the term of his contract
Brodie Croft to the Broncos is a sign that Bellamy will coach the Broncos in 2021 or 2022 at the latest. Bookmark this.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think it's do or die now for Mary McGregor, Steven Kearney and Dean Pay. At least one of them will be joining the breadline, and my money is on Kearney being the first cab off the rank. Warriors will see 1 win from their first 6 or so starts and he'll be given the flick early. If the Drags miss the 8 again, Mary will be gone by seasons end.

McGregor is cooked, dead man walking. Why didn’t you mention Seibold, haven’t you heard of the f**ker?

_Johnsy

Referee
Dunno why Saints fans are so keen on Flanno.
Sure he got the Sharks a premiership but he also oversaw salary cap rorting, the ASADA mess and his last 2 decisions as head coach were to sign Josh Dugan and Matt Moylan to long term deals.

The fallout of the salary cap mess is ongoing and the Sharks administrators can’t believe he is let back into the game while penalties to the club continue.

The bloke can coach but he is a dead set loose cannon and a liability to any organisation.
He’s not Mary.

yakstorm

First Grade
People must be joking if they think Holbrook is even 'uncomfortable or slightly at risk' this year...

Firstly, I don't think the Titans could afford to pay out another coach, but secondly, for Holbrook to say he has 'improved' the team, he simply needs to muster more than 4 wins.... The team has already played with more fight in the Nines and Trials than they did at any stage under Brennan... he would seriously need the NRL to decide to admit a 17th club halfway through the season, and finish below it, to not make it past October.

By then at least Kearney will be gone... unfortunately for Saints fans, I think Flannagan will do enough behind the scenes to save Mary.

JokerEel

Coach
2 or 3 of these coaches will be gone by season end if they don't improve / drop down the ladder.

Warriors - Kearney
Dragons - Mary
Dogs - Pay
Broncos - Seibold
Eels - Arthur

Life's Good

Coach
I’m hoping it’s McGregor. He should only paint the office, not inhabit it.

Left field bets would have to be Green(a lot riding on Holmes as far as I’m concerned as well as JT13 - can he continue to carry the forwards?).
I’ll also throw in Brad Arthur. Parra don’t handle expectation well & the way they are being talked up would have to make their fans nervous & the rest of LU excited.
Anyway, Sack McGregor.

flippikat

Bench
Changed my mind. Kearney.

Warriors look craptacular at the moment.

Perversely the result is almost making me happy. Kearney has NOTHING to offer. It's the same old rubbish.

The owners surely have to cut him loose by Easter.