What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which ex-WT players have kicked on after being released?

Nutz

Bench
How the greedy selfish ingrate got away with serving a suspension by missing critical matches instead of paying a measly fine defies belief.The shitbag should’ve been hauled over the coals & humiliated by Parras spineless hierarchy for opting for 1 of the most selfish things a dickheaded overpaid player has ever done.
He is a devout Christian and an outspoken one at that.
He is the type that gives his faith a bad name. It's just not the way to behave.

Wizardman

First Grade
JAC was the last blunder we made in terms of letting a player go (that we could have kept) that went on to bigger and better things. Matterson and Moses are just complete cats. They bailed on us when they were needed so I don't count them as "we let them go".

You could make a case for Luciano, but we got Papali'i in return. Plus he had his off field drama so we kind of dodged a bullet there.

Everyone else after JAC only "kicked on" because they got lucky signing on to a brilliant team.
Regardless of how rubbish we have been for over a decade, I don't know of a single fan that has any sorrow over Matherson and Moses leaving. No matter how far their careers kick on, we did the right thing to let both grubs go.

As for JAC, I SERIOUSLY doubt (make that 100% doubt) that he would be the player he turned out to be at the Storm if he stayed at the Tigers. Bellamy certainly worked on him to be a proper professional on and off the field. He certainly bulked up over there, looked very secure at the back, defended well and did things the "Storm" way while he was there.

Agree that JAC is probably the last genuine player we've let walk that has gone on to great things. Fifita should never have been let go either to accommodate that waste of space in Blair. Pappy you could make an argument for as well but his success as mentioned by others came by accident as even Melbourne wanted to move him on before he blew out of the gates.

I know guys like Momirovski and Garner went on to be premiers at Penrith but those guys aren't the difference to a squad. Those guys did a job and did it well but they aren't a core component of the success. JAC could break open a game for Melbourne.

Peachey was abhorrent for us, he is an average player hiding in a squad of greats to lift him up.

simmo05

Bench
How the greedy selfish ingrate got away with serving a suspension by missing critical matches instead of paying a measly fine defies belief.The shitbag should’ve been hauled over the coals & humiliated by Parras spineless hierarchy for opting for 1 of the most selfish things a dickheaded overpaid player has ever done.
I can't believe Parramatta supporters don't boo him whenever he goes near the ball. A cheap merkin of a person, glad we let him go