What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Grand Final combination is best for rugby league?

Which Grand Final match up would be best for rugby league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sydney vs Melbourne?
Sydney vs North Queensland?
Brisbane vs Melbourne?
Brisbane vs North Queensland?

Which match up would drive up national interest in the event and win over more new fans to rugby league?

Last edited:
true, can't argue with that. I guess I'd just be happy to see no NSW teams in the GF...but that's not the point of the thread.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I think an all QLD final would be nice, but I am not sure all the partisans gloating about it would send me insame.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think an all QLD final would be nice, but I am not sure all the partisans gloating about it would send me insame.

Some of us know the meaning of the word "humble". There's no need to gloat like a snorting pig when your team has just won the title. Just relax and enjoy it and put away the bait for once.

BennyV

Referee
As long as Cowboys are there, the interest will be high, and there's a few reasons for that:

- It will be either of Broncos or Roosters playing, meaning we are likely in for a fast paced, entertaining game of footy.
- I would guesstimate that majority of supporters whose team is already gone would 'like to be the Cowboys win'.
- It means Melbourne won't be there!

Jason Maher

Immortal
Who gives a f**k? I despise the donkeys and stroms, so Roosters vs Cowboys is clearly the best option.

Billythekid

First Grade
The storm are the best side to have in terms of tv ratings. The people saying it would be a shit game cause of the storm are delusional. Go back over the last 10 years and look for the best games in that period and they would be littered with storm games (particularly vs manly or broncos). I guess people can continue believing that the storm produce boring games but I'll just keep on enjoying the contests.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The storm are the best side to have in terms of tv ratings. The people saying it would be a shit game cause of the storm are delusional. Go back over the last 10 years and look for the best games in that period and they would be littered with storm games (particularly vs manly or broncos). I guess people can continue believing that the storm produce boring games but I'll just keep on enjoying the contests.

True. I simply hate them. I don't try and pretend they aren't a good team or never produce high quality games.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Rooaters being there again will do nothing for ratings or rugby league.

The Melbourne vs Brisbane GF 2006 was the highest rating of all time (or at least was at the time, as Sydney fans still watched, but there was a huge bump in VIC and QLD).

That being said, an all QLD affair would probably be even bigger as every house in QLD would have the game on, and NSW would adopt the Cowboys.

So in summary, as long as the Broncos make it, it will be a huge GF for rugby league

Ice_Storm

Juniors

This. Storm have one of the most exciting attacking teams in the comp. Probably have for the last 10 years.

Unfortunately Brisbane and Sydney Roosters have many no names with no attacking flair.