What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Junior League club did you play for?

Valheru

Coach
Kingsgrove Colts (St. George) won a grand final on Jubilee Oval.

What years did you play?

I played for the old Peakhurst Hawks who went bust in the late 90s.

We played many a GF on Jubilee Oval from U7s up to U12s but only ever won one game. The others were losses to a dominant Hurstville side.

In our age group, Kingsgrove were always a decent side making the finals.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Why not just stay in Bs and carve up?

The club got rid of the B side for that year for some reason. In hindsight I should have just gone to another club. Tronc bought over a few gun players from north’s and with his superstar son Shane in the team it just seemed pountless as a 13y/o kid haha.

blue bags

First Grade
Renown United
scots played many games vs. renown united, green n white
What years did you play?

I played for the old Peakhurst Hawks who went bust in the late 90s.

We played many a GF on Jubilee Oval from U7s up to U12s but only ever won one game. The others were losses to a dominant Hurstville side.

In our age group, Kingsgrove were always a decent side making the finals.
Peakhurst Hawks were our rivals , played a few GF vs blue n white hawks,
Kingsgrove colts strong club, team in our age n time frame, they beat stgeorge rowers in the major semi final played at kogarah jubilee oval, to play penshurst RsL green n gold team

MugaB

Coach
Ryde-Eastwood Hawks at primary, Leichardt Juniors, during high school, then a stint at Parramatta Juniors for year when i was like 27ish

Valheru

Coach
scots played many games vs. renown united, green n white
Peakhurst Hawks were our rivals , played a few GF vs blue n white hawks,
Kingsgrove colts strong club, team in our age n time frame, they beat stgeorge rowers in the major semi final played at kogarah jubilee oval, to play penshurst RsL green n gold team

In our age group Hurstville were always strongest and we (Peakhurst) were always 2nd. Kingsgrove and Renown usually made the finals at 3 and 4 although Penshurst made the odd one too. Brighton, Arncliffe and especially Riverwood were the also rans.

We never had an Earlwood side in our age group. Looking at the website Kogarah were founded in 1995 but I don't remember them being in any of the age groups so must have had only a couple of teams whilst I was still playing.

Peakhurst was a very strong club in the mid 90s with teams throughout the age groups and grades and then due to in fighting they were dead by about 1999.

Latest posts