What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which national team team NEED the series win more - England or New Zealand ?

The Partisan

Plenty of discussion has been had and will continue to be had about who could win ....but which team NEEDS to win the series more ?

For me it would be NZ who despite last week's win still have a lot of respect and confidence to win back from their countrymen and supporters.

Of course, an England win would help them gain momentum in their holy grail like quest to topple the Kangaroos and the RFL would certainly like the positive press in the lead up to the RLWC.

Purely for the good of the game in their country - who needs the series win more ?

Springs09

Juniors
NZ have been constantly losing since gaining the no. 1 ranking in 2015. England seem to have a lot more support in their own country especially when you compare crowds in the 2013 and 2017 World Cups.

NZ need the win more, but then again who knows how much it would do in NZ considering they are once again playing away from home away from the NZ public eye.

taste2taste

Juniors
Being at home GB need it more. NZ wont get a heap of press coverage back home, as deluded pom said "out of sight out of mind"

Although, the way NZ played last week they should win the series.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Funnily enough Tonga is ensuring that the game in NZ is staying in the media spotlight so I think a cracking series ending in a hard fought win by England will be best for the game as a whole. I would love to see three tests like the famous 2013 WC semi-final in front of huge crowds at all three venues.

Latest posts