What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players do you think don't want it???

Breathingfire

Juniors
Bennett has been quoted as saying he feels as though some players don't want it as much as others...

Having calmed down and watched a replay of the game I found it hard to really pin point players that looked disinterested. It appeared to just be a general lack of intensity across the entire squad. I am interested to know if any of you feel that individual players can be singled out??? Obviously Boyd has received a deal of criticism, but I don't think he was that horrible.

Mr Red

First Grade
- Boyd is good in attack but has stopped putting his body on the line in defence, also where is his fierce runs after fielding a kick downfield - i remember last year seeing him run full throttle back into the defence, really inspiring stuff... no where to be seen this year.
- Prior has gone from soft to softer, another one not putting his body on the line, seems to be off the pace playing in slow motion... very weak around the ruck and marker area...
- Hornby's form is down... but hopefully its just because he hasnt played a lot of footy in recent months...
- Hunt and Merrin looked good on stats... but there runs and defence lack a lot of purpose.
- zero impact from the bench - Green, Stanley, Cuthbertson and co not really offering any impact. this is when we lose our momemtum when the bench players come on..
- we need to get stanley away from dummy half... very slow service from dummy half, not taking on the line at all.. no go forward or roll on when he is there...

apart from that there's not much to fix... a lot of players playing at 90% capacity and all thats needed is that little bit extra aggression and intensity..

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
I dont doubt our players they just having a tough time at the moment.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
agree with you re Prior hes no where near the player he was last year , and your right he is playing in slow motion, for a bloke that has enough pace to be at times used in the centres...sorry but even when hes running onto the field he looks like hes going for a jog around the block....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mitch Rein should be in at dummy half not Stanley. Stanley is not a dummy half. In saying thta I don't think it is Stanley not putting in, it's just that he is better suited in the halves or backs.

You can't single anyone out as their defence is what has won them games in the past due to committment and good team effort. Their defence is now letting them down due to committment and team effort. If Benny can see someone is not putting in then he should drop them or at least have a quiet word to them and bench them so they can prove themself.

steela

Juniors
yep, Rein is great at dummy half, it's like they were just trying to find a spot for Stanly when there's a better option

dragoncountry

Juniors
isnt cameron king due back soon? probably will be well underdone being a young bloke but might be what we need, a bit of enthusiasm, agree stanley not suited to hooker. i would leave fien at half and interchange hornby at hooker.

Father Ted

First Grade
Might need Hornby at fullback if Boyd has a couple more stinkers . Wonder how he'd feel if he was dropped by Dad for poor form lol.

STG 002

First Grade
DARIUS = PEA HEART (at the moment), some of the crap he is coming up with, his pass to Gaz last week cost us the game, turned momentum.

Latest posts