What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Premier League team do you support?

Who are you supporting in 2006?

• Total voters

girvie

Staff member
Who do you support in Premier League and why?

How many Premier League games did you watch in 2005? How many of those matches were stand alone games? (i.e. Not followed by a nrl game)

How many Premier League games are you planning to attend in 2006?

yappy

Bench
see flegg answers. Actually really looking forward to seeing what Joe Cool can do with the Magpies in 06. Quietly confident we can sneak in for some action in September.

Hellsy

Immortal
Who do you support in Premier League and why? Parra again of course!!!

How many Premier League games did you watch in 2005? How many of those matches were stand alone games? (i.e. Not followed by a nrl game) About 14 I think, I can't remember how many were stand alone....3 maybe 4..

How many Premier League games are you planning to attend in 2006? Again, as many that is possible with the scheduling

girvie

Staff member
I support North Sydney in Premier League because they are the team i supported in the 90's when they were playing in the ARL/NRL and they are also my local team.

I saw them play 17 games in 2005, 13 of them were stand alone games. Hopefully i will be able to go to all matches next year, although it might be tough to get to Canberra.

rowdy

First Grade
Parra again! As with the others, always try to get to a game as early as possible to see divvy and flegg. I went to a few stand alone games this year, probably almost the same as hellsy - its great going out to leichhardt and newtown!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra for obvious reasons!...I'm proud to say that there's a vast majority of us who support the club not just the NRL team.

brook

First Grade
same answers as the flegg poll

despite the fact that they seem to have spent the entire off season devising ways to annoy the hell out of me I'm still a Balmain supporter

Follow the mighty Jets, they are the only team to follow!

Went to all home games, far too many away games, some stand alone some before NRL games. Also went to a couple of stand alone Norths game for a fix of footy.

Should be the same for the next season.

eelaholic

First Grade
I think I saw most of prems and a majority of flegg. Always at the game early, or when gates open to catch the up and coming talents of clubs

A few were stand alone where parra 1st grade where playing in NZ or prems were playing at Cabra, or playing at a different venue to 1st grade then racing over to the main game

I love my footy :lol:

NikkiShark

Juniors
as the Jets, 3

How many Premier League games did you watch in 2005?

How many of those matches were stand alone games? (i.e. Not followed by a nrl game)
none

same as Jersey Flegg- as many as I can

MrCharisma

Bench
I support Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in the Premier League. I saw about 6 games this year with none of them being stand alone (being a working man who lives in Newcastle, I'd kinda hard)

I plan to see alot more..... but also in saying that, I saw about 10 Knights junior games in 2005

Nikki

Coach
The Eels of course. I think I am more a supporter of the Prems boys than the grade boys. I get more upset about missing a Prems game if we travel on away games than if i miss a grade game I think.These are the boys who I consider play with heart and for the love of the game, not the contract being thrown at them (of course they are also playing their guts out to obtain said contract). Catch 22 really isnt it? But I do have a special place for all my Parra Prem boys, past and present. GO YOU EELS LEAD BY WHEELS!!!!

ozpower

Juniors
Who do you support in Premier League and why? The Mighty Bears!!!!!!!

How many Premier League games did you watch in 2005? How many of those matches were stand alone games? (i.e. Not followed by a nrl game): I didnt manage to get to any games last year which is crap as im only up at Hornsby, but i also had other things going on in my life.

How many Premier League games are you planning to attend in 2006? Hopefully a fair few, especially if there is any friday night games as i work at St Leonards so i can go straight after work

choc_soldier

Coach
Cougars, for obvious reasons...

Saw most of them at Penrith and curtainraisers before most of Penrith's away matches. Also went to one of their matches at WesternWeekender Stadium at St. Mary's (they play half their homes games there), where they get usually around 1-2,000 people for each match. Quite a good stadium out there too.

Plan to do pretty much the same thing this year.

NZ Jet

Juniors
Newtown - A sunny saturday arvo at Henson Park with a good crowd in is one of the purest pleasures left in Rugby League, seriously - check it out for yourselves. The retro feel extends beyond the team and the ground and into the experience itself.
Only went to one home game last year due to being in NZ, but usually go to all home plus a couple of stand alone away games (Norths, St Marys). Be lucky to get to a couple of games this year.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Knights. Cos Im born and bred in Newcastle, so I've been brought up around them.

How many Premier League games did you watch in 2005? How many of those matches were stand alone games? (i.e. Not followed by a nrl game)
Probably about 18 PL games I saw. None were stand alone games.

As many as I possibly can.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Bluebags 4 sure !!!

All home games and all away games except for the Newcastle match .( including travellin to Canberra just to see them play and leaving for the drive home without watchin the NRL match that followed ).

Season Pass holder at Henson and as many away matches as possible. Including as many Newtown J/Beam cup matches home and/or away as humanly capable of making.

Go the Mighty Jets !!!!