What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which tackle was worse?

Which tackle was worse?

• Utai

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Newton

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters

hazmak

Juniors
Utai's or Newtons?

Why?

I think dropping someone on their head is the worst thing u can do in the game of league...

surprisingly, Newton will get out of suspension if he takes an early plea...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Neither were good, surprised at the amount of time either player will get for their troubles. Clint will get one week if he enteres an early plea because of carry over points from his previous offence. If they go down there and fight it and beat it, then good luck to them, that means he can give Terry a spray on Sunday arvo, or even better, just let his footy do the talking. It would be great to see Clint run over the top of Terry if he beats the charge.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well I wouldn't hav had a problem if he had of gotten 4 weeks. In saying that, 1 week is great from a Newy perspective. However, Utai only getting two weeks for his????

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bounced off the upper chest hey??? By gee he's got a very bloody high chest then. He hit him fair and square in the jaw.

fresh_mayo

Juniors
I guess its hard to compare as they are both different types of illegal tackles.

Newtons was bad and should have got at least 2 weeks.

Utai was bad aswell and would say he he is getting the right punishment.

I voted for utai only because he has broken someones jaw. Plus he is only 5 foot tall and still manged to connect with the head of the upright oppenent. Very unlucky for the dogs as utai was easily their best player the other night.

Jono078

Referee
Newtons, his could have been far worse, but he was lucky the player wasnt seriously injured.

Razor

Coach
hazmak said:
BUt SURELY newtons tackle should have gotten 10 weeks.

If woolford got 8 weeks....

Woolford would have got 3 had he not had a bad record

Hodges got 1 week
Webcke got let off

Humphrey

Juniors
Utai should get as long as it takes to heal the broken jaw. He was a head hunting cocky pr*ck on Saturday and two weeks is nothing (hel be back for the last two games of the Doggies season !!!)

Newton should of got more I cant understand that!

Kiwi

First Grade
Cross got only 1 week for a tackle on Lockyer that was pretty much the same as Utai's. The only difference is Lockyer was also hit very late.

The system is seriously flawed and inconsistant.

Of all the spear tackles that have been charged over the last month or so, Woolford is pretty much the only one to get slammed with a lengthy suspension. And also the different gradings for two tackles that are identical.

hazmak said:
BUt SURELY newtons tackle should have gotten 10 weeks.

If woolford got 8 weeks....

Have to admit the stance on spear tackles is so unpredictable its not funny I dont think even the most passionate knights fan would have had a right to bitch if he got 4-6, but like Jobdog from a newie perspective am rapped.

They really need to get some consistancy and set some iron clad parametres as currently lifting penalties and charges are a joke.

hazmak said:
Well, the guy turned out to be a faker...

internal lacerations, no broken jaw....

You've obviously never copped one while playing getting hit that hard still f**ken hurts plus having the inside of your mouth in shreds aint fun either!

melon....

Coach
hazmak said:
It bounced of the upper chest, and hit him square in the chin.

2 weeks is very fair.
He broke/destroyed the bloke's mouth/jaw!!! Morely fairy taps Cat Utai, who goes on a massive dive campaign, and Morely gets sent off!!! Cat Utai should get 6-8.

The Colonel

Immortal
Woolford got 3 weeks plus loading. Newton should have been graded higher than that considering where the player ended up in both tackles.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it will take a player ending up in a wheelchair for the NRL to get tough on dangerous tackles.

Your right and sadly enough it will happen. And its simple sh*t as well you get taught not to tackle like that from the age of 5 these guys are pro's and have no f**king excuse.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
ok simpletons......... DUSTIN COOPERS JAW IS NOT BROKEN, HE IS JUST A BIG CARRY ON PUSSY

and our toll is far worse then raiders... I mean aside from smith you only really have a pack of nuffies missing... basically the same with newcastle

It must be the pissant mentality of your clubs of always wanting to seem like you have it worse

Latest posts